Picking up a new subject in year 12 (1 Viewer)

LadyJane16

HSC
I am currently in my first term of year 12 (term 4-Australia, NSW) and I would like to drop two subjects and pick up one other subject preferably either Society and Culture or Spanish Beginners. However, is it required for me to have done those courses in year 11? If I take one of them up now, do I have to do the year 11 course as well? Or can I just pick one of them up and continue on with the course without having to do the year 11 course on top of the year 12 course? What subjects on the Board of Studies do not require prerequisite knowledge?

enoilgam

HSC
I am currently in my first term of year 12 (term 4-Australia, NSW) and I would like to drop two subjects and pick up one other subject preferably either Society and Culture or Spanish Beginners. However, is it required for me to have done those courses in year 11? If I take one of them up now, do I have to do the year 11 course as well? Or can I just pick one of them up and continue on with the course without having to do the year 11 course on top of the year 12 course? What subjects on the Board of Studies do not require prerequisite knowledge?
You must have completed prelim for any subject before moving on to the HSC - the only exceptions to this are Year 12 courses like MX2, EE2, Extension History etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)