Changing subject levels..? (1 Viewer)

Astonmate

HSC
Hey, I'm hoping someone can confirm this is correct. If for example you originally chose to do general maths for years 11 and 12, but towards the end of year 11 you wanted to do mathematics, is this allowed? It isn't is it? I've heard you have to do like 200 hours or something of that subject (and particular level) to be able to do it for the HSC...
Is this right? :)

HSC
If you wanted to do that, I think you need to go to TAFE.. It's too hard man! Just do mathematics and then if your finding it to difficult drop to General :D

Riaa

HSC
No. You can drop down but never go the other way. (This is what I have been told excluding extension subjects).
This is because each course requires a preliminary course.

Plus, realistically, if you did general mathematics in year 11 and could transfers to mathematics in year 12, you might have to catch up on a year's worth of foundation.

enoilgam

HSC
No. You can drop down but never go the other way. (This is what I have been told excluding extension subjects).
This is because each course requires a preliminary course.

Plus, realistically, if you did general mathematics in year 11 and could transfers to mathematics in year 12, you might have to catch up on a year's worth of foundation.
This pretty much - I would start out with 2 unit in order to see if you are capable.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Usually you can't because HSC Mathematics is a 2 year course and you'd be jumping in 'half way' and you'd need to learn all that year 11 content which isn't Year 10 revision which is like... General Maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)