Who's ready for year 11? (1 Viewer)

russ3l

HSC
Personally, I'm slowly preparing myself for the years to come. However, trying still relax while I still have time!
What are your guys' view of the coming year? Excited? Scared? Share! :)

deloving

HSC
Excited for year 11. For 4 years I had to bear with subjects that I didn't find interesting. Then again I still kept Maths... ugh I hate maths. I'm planning on studying Modern, Legal and SOR in my spare time now.

nifkeh

HSC
you shouldn't be scared lol :p year 11 was a bit intense in a way due to having all these english assignments + maths hw pile up so at times it was like fml. but really you should be enjoying year 10, maths in year 10 isn't comparable to the speed and hw covered in year 11

year 11 at first is a bit slow, then it begins to speed up and then you're like wow I'm in year 12 now. I'm having my first assessment in 2 weeks ): But, don't be upset if your marks are not what you expected or 'up to hsc standards' because you can still improve on them :p so really try to enjoy year 11, get through with it and probably adopt new studying methods or ways of answering lengthy essays in humanities and english. :) it really is a short year for year 11 and you really learn a lot by the end of it so in a way you feel smarter but worn out more a bit. but don't worry, good luck and have fun :p

nifkeh

HSC
oh also, I forgot to say english feels definitely more challenging in year 11 than in year 10. I suffered in year 10 english but during my year 11 year with a good english teacher I started to become more proficient in it somewhat. so don't worry too much in this stage :) if you are struggling with year 10 maths, a couple of year 11 maths chapters are either based on year 10 maths or are the actual year 10 maths topics so you can still improve on your knowledge if you didn't really learn well in year 10. :)

if you have any questions about year 11 just ask!

russ3l

HSC
oh also, I forgot to say english feels definitely more challenging in year 11 than in year 10. I suffered in year 10 english but during my year 11 year with a good english teacher I started to become more proficient in it somewhat. so don't worry too much in this stage :) if you are struggling with year 10 maths, a couple of year 11 maths chapters are either based on year 10 maths or are the actual year 10 maths topics so you can still improve on your knowledge if you didn't really learn well in year 10. :)

if you have any questions about year 11 just ask!
Excited for year 11. For 4 years I had to bear with subjects that I didn't find interesting. Then again I still kept Maths... ugh I hate maths. I'm planning on studying Modern, Legal and SOR in my spare time now.
Amen. I absolutely abhor geography, history and pdhpe. Pretty relieved that all three are over for good. :)

you shouldn't be scared lol :p year 11 was a bit intense in a way due to having all these english assignments + maths hw pile up so at times it was like fml. but really you should be enjoying year 10, maths in year 10 isn't comparable to the speed and hw covered in year 11
year 11 at first is a bit slow, then it begins to speed up and then you're like wow I'm in year 12 now. I'm having my first assessment in 2 weeks ): But, don't be upset if your marks are not what you expected or 'up to hsc standards' because you can still improve on them :p so really try to enjoy year 11, get through with it and probably adopt new studying methods or ways of answering lengthy essays in humanities and english. :) it really is a short year for year 11 and you really learn a lot by the end of it so in a way you feel smarter but worn out more a bit. but don't worry, good luck and have fun :p
Thanks nifkeh! much appreciated. Also, is year 11 that much of a jump from year 10? i've heard it's massive :/

deloving

HSC
Year 11 will probably be the most interesting year... aaaaand the shortest. Sigh.

Magical Kebab

HSC
I was like this during the end of year 10...
I recommend enjoying ur holidays.... For me, that was playing COD and rugby, so dont stay inside 24/7!!
Also do some light work in areas that u might need to tweak before yr 11, for me it was maths and the chem side of yr 10 science...

And finally, dont be scared/stressed or worried. Take it one step at a time, stay ORGANISED, dont leave things till late, and dont study too much!! Save ur energy!!

One more thing... If u havent done anything for the past 3 years at school (like me before starting yr 11), u may experience a slightly big jump into year 11. I started terribly, stressed/panic attacks/relatively poor marks... But dont worry, persist and things DO change around. Just never give up.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Oh also, try things out in year 11 (like study techniques, organisation methods etc...)
Do this to see what works for you and what doesnt, i have some bizarre ways of organising things but they have worked for me and have payed off. Find out what works for YOU.

Balls2u

HSC
I'm crazy pumped for year 11, however I want to enjoy year 10 while it lasts :'(. I need to step my game up and start revising year 10 content in preparation for year 11 (so braindead in maths atm)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I know it will feel like a massive step up from yr 10 but still try to enjoy it, make the most of your spare time with friends etc. Yr 12 is a whole new ball game.

HSC
Think of year 11 as a trial and error. You try study techniques that may work or may not work. You try gaining new habits and lose old ones. You try being more organised or rely on your gut. Year 11 is suppose to help you learn where your studying strengths and flaws are, such that this is better utlised and understood in year 12, where you hit your straps. My advice is to work hard, and that's the only way you might know how to improve in year 12. In Year 11, working hard may not reflect the results you want but with trial and error, it is most likely to be reflected in year 12

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha don't stress.

Yr 11 I was excited to start senior uniform and subjects all chosen by me w00t w00t. I didn't go flat out study or anything, but it was still a bit of a step up. But save your best efforts for Year 12 ;)

funstudy

HSC
Don't burn yourself out- you want to peak during Year 12 and HSC not in Year 11

L

livefastdieyoun

Dude peak yr 11, everybody knows yr 12 doesn't count.
Subjects:
4u English - topped state
3u English - 2nd in state
all round mad cunt, cum at meh

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I'm reading some of the comments above thinking, what the hell was that? :p I think I'm ready for year 11. So excited to do my favourite subjects! :)

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
I lost all my motivation :( Not looking forward to year 11

nifkeh

HSC
Amen. I absolutely abhor geography, history and pdhpe. Pretty relieved that all three are over for good. :)

Thanks nifkeh! much appreciated. Also, is year 11 that much of a jump from year 10? i've heard it's massive :/
it is kind of a jump, on average I thought I got more homework and individual assignments to do than in year 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)