What is 'consistent' work throughout the whole year? (1 Viewer)

Alext_

HSC
Would it be writing your notes from school each day, doing exercises from other books not from school, going through everything you've done each day at school after school?
or all?

Siddy123

HSC
Would it be writing your notes from school each day, doing exercises from other books not from school, going through everything you've done each day at school after school?
or all?
egzaklie

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Doing 1 or 2 hours homework/study every day, 6 days a week, every week etc.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm I reckon consistency doesn't have to be strictly so much a day etc.

It's more a pace that may have slight periods of variation either higher or lower-normally higher at assessment blocks/exams, but it can vary slightly during the year as we are not robots. It's more like you are not cramming to do everything at certain points in the year, you kinda chip away at it at a marathon pace.

I never did it consistency down to a day, many days during the HSC I did (gasp) 0 hrs, but some days I really did do alot (not necessarily under exam duress either, just randomly when I felt in the mood). It all kinda averaged out in the end though.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

It's more a pace that may have slight periods of variation either higher or lower-normally higher at assessment blocks/exams, but it can vary slightly during the year as we are not robots. It's more like you are not cramming to do everything at certain points in the year, you kinda chip away at it at a marathon pace.

I never did it consistency down to a day, many days during the HSC I did (gasp) 0 hrs, but some days I really did do alot (not necessarily under exam duress either, just randomly when I felt in the mood). It all kinda averaged out in the end though.
+1. It's not about the time, it's about being on top of your game throughout. You can be pushing 7 hours per day and still have no idea what you're doing.

elissajean

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on the subject - I would summarise your notes from class EVERY DAY, for English work on practice essays (and hand them to your teacher for feedback, as there is no point practicing essays without finding out what you're doing right and wrong), work on maths for at least 45 minutes per day, etc. But things like watching documentaries, science videos and listening to lectures counts as study as well, and can be extremely beneficial. It all depends on your learning style and the subjects you're taking.

enoilgam

HSC

This pretty much - consistency doesnt necessarily equal doing a set amount each day. It is more or less about keeping on top of the work in an effective and efficient manner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)