Which textbooks for Preliminary HSC?! (1 Viewer)

Wuzy

HSC
Hey guys! I'm starting Year 11 next year, and I want to get ahead during the Christmas holidays. As a result, could you guys please recommend the study guides I should buy in order to advance and get ahead in the following subjects:
- 3U Math
- Chemistry
- Economics

Also on a side note, I am also very anxious about my 3U math teacher, as she is VERY bad at teaching and is virtually useless. Do you guys reckon I should be fine, If I go to tutoring and study math independently? Some tips and advice would be great haha!

kazemagic

HSC
i honestly think self studying math is impossible, so tutor is a necessity.
cambridge textbook is good for 3u maths
conquering chemistry is the main book ppl use for chem

as for economics, idk lol

-OrangeJuice-

HSC
For 3U, Cambridge Maths is your best option to learn ahead. Coronoes also does a good job with explaining theory.
As for the necessity for a tutor, it all depends on the student, and how well you learn on your own. Keep in mind there are thousands of resources online from videos to papers that can assist you, so with a bit of effort learning ahead alone shouldn't be a problem.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Jacaranda Chem.

Cambridge 3U Maths.

Market Economy/Riley for Eco.

But besides maths, I would rely on the school's textbooks anyways, since honestly, Year 11 is 3 terms and most of it doesn't even carry towards Year 12.

Troller

Lol
HSC
Creative Economics for economics
Cambridge 3 Unit for maths
Conquering Chemistry for Chem

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi
From what i Know people support Conquering Chemistry for chemistry because it follows syllabus exactly. If you want a very detailed book for chemistry which has extra stuff out of syllabus and wont be asked in your exams , it would be chemistry contexts. For Maths I would recommend Cambridge and only Cambridge and for economics I have been advised to use dixon economics or riley economics.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)