How to prepare for year 11 (1 Viewer)

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Guys!
Well, I am starting year 11 soon and I am really nervous. Can you give me any tips on what to expect on my first day, revision/study tips etc.
Grazie mille

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
If you will be studying mathematics, I suggest you read ahead and start teaching yourself the first few chapters in the book. Of course you don't have to do this - this is just something that I did and it really helped me.

hasdhil

HSC
I really only have revision and study tips, I would say try to be up to date with your summaries for all your subjects. Focus on all subjects equally don't just place emphasise on one particular subject. Definitely do practice questions and exams before the actual exam and also get a lot of feedback from your teachers. Start simply reading over your summaries a little while before the exams so that it properly settles in your mind and you know it well so it becomes kind of engraved into your minds.

Hope you do well in your studies :)

OH1995

HSC
Just read your first english text and make sure you're proficient with all of the maths you learnt last year and extremely comfortable with all types of algebra. That's it!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Go in FRESH~~

Enjoy your holidays to its fullest extent.

mac1996

HSC
accelerate any of your subjects either by school or tafe
i promise you that thats one of the best ways to maximise ur atar

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
An accelerated subject is where you do content of the topic earlier . Its not an extra unit For e.g. You can do hsc chemistry in year 10 in my school and you can count it to your hsc. The benefits of an accelerated subject is that you can choose whether to count it to your atar. If you dont want to because your results are appaling or for some other reason you dont have to and can retry in hsc. However you dont have a choice of the accelerated subjected and whether your have it in your school on not. That is what your school decides. Your hsc is in 2014 and preliminary next year and if you want to accelerate any hsc subject because you are ahead in other subjects, then you should consult your teacher. Also my hsc is in 2014:awesome:

Good luck with year 11 and 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)