Laptops at school (1 Viewer)

goobypls

HSC
We get semi school subsidized macbooks this year and I am wondering what is the best way to do work at school with a laptop? Is it best to type up all of your notes on the laptop then do essays on paper?

Thanks.

Last edited:

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Personally I'd rather use books rather than laptops just in case It dies or is in for repair. Also, I remember things more if I write them down. It is all about personal preference. Some classes don't require laptops so ask your teachers which they prefer. If you do, however decide to use a laptop to take notes a good program to use is Microsoft One Note. Are you familiar with it? Throughout year 10 I found It useful. It is similar to Microsoft word but you can have your notes all in one place. For example, You can have a 'Notebook' for each subject with tabs to split up individual topics. You can also sync this program with your smartphone, ipad etc.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/

Hope this helps :)

tonynho

HSC
I think laptops are great to do research at school as your textbooks will not provide all the specific info you need. I never type notes up, writing works better for me because as laura said, it helps me remember more and improves my handwriting. I would not suggest typing up your notes. HOWEVER, I think it some cases it would be ideal if you needed to type up a final copy of an essay. But draft them on paper first. Good luck with your prelims mate :)

Verify

HSC
For me, it's just too heavy to take to school and at the end of the day it's not worth it. I'd rather write in my book.

starshine02

HSC
I only ever used my laptop in subjects where the teacher actually required it. I also prefer to handwrite notes in class but that's just personal opinion. You could try out using the laptop and if you don't like it then just switch to paper.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
For me, it's just too heavy to take to school and at the end of the day it's not worth it. I'd rather write in my book.
+1. Except I can't be bothered taking it out of my bag......lol. Plus I need to practice handwriting, although I use it sometimes- onenote is great for notes esp with that autosave function, unlike ms word :(. But yeah, I barely use it

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
i used my laptop as an umbrella

Hazballs

HSC
I only use my laptop in religion (mostly because it allows me to play games and stuff when i'm bored), but also because i don't really listen to the teacher, i sort of do my own work.. But every other subject i write everything down in work books, then i type up all my notes on my computer because it saves much more time.. Then the time i saved i do practice questions..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)