HSC
Hi everyone, Im currently taking

English Standard
Maths 2U
Studies of Re II
Biology
Legal Studies
Economics

Could you guys tell me what I need to do in order to excel in English Standard so that I can move up into Advanced
Ill do whatever it takes, if theres any textbooks, any type of texts I should read, whatever please let me know
you can email me at chris.poles@hotmail.com

Also what are good textbooks or study materials inorder to excel in Biology, Legal and Economics

Thanks everyone help is greatly appreciated :)

I also take part in Debating and Mock Trial at school should I drop them and focus on study more ?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
English Standard - Just keep drafting and writing essays. Learn how to adapt to essay questions. Analyse your prescribed texts in-depth. Improve your creative writing skills.

It's quite simple in English but execution may be hard. Essay writing is all about foundation. Begin with a simplistic style of writing then progress to a sophisticated style when your analytical response is well-structured and hits the points.

Maths 2U - Fitzpatrick 2U is arguably great here. Then just hit those past papers that your school provides or from other schools.

4 subjects afterwards - Spending time to make notes based on the Syllabus dot-points. Do questions and whatnot.

Economics - Dixon or Riley. Doesn't matter, both are good but Riley has a bit too much irrelevant stuff (not included in Syllabus).

Biology - Heinemann or Biology In Focus?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

English Standard
Maths 2U
Studies of Re II
Biology
Legal Studies
Economics

Could you guys tell me what I need to do in order to excel in English Standard so that I can move up into Advanced
Ill do whatever it takes, if theres any textbooks, any type of texts I should read, whatever please let me know

Also what are good textbooks or study materials inorder to excel in Biology, Legal and Economics

I also take part in Debating and Mock Trial at school should I drop them and focus on study more ?
Study hard and effectively.

starshine02

HSC

English Standard
Maths 2U
Studies of Re II
Biology
Legal Studies
Economics

For Economics, there's two main textbooks. Riley has more information (and the layout is kinda horrible) but Dixon is easier to comprehend.

For Biology, Biology in Context goes deeper and provides more information as well as quite a few practice questions at the end of each section. Biology In Focus has all the relevant information but has less than Context so try to get a look at both to see which you prefer. I use both the textbooks.

Also if you enjoy debating and Mock Trial then you should keep it as extra curricular activities :)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Whatever you do, do not get 2U Fitzpatrick, it is absolute garbage

Just stick with whatever your school assigns you and do past papers for exam practise since 2U never gets too weird

iBibah

HSC

Just stick with whatever your school assigns you and do past papers for exam practise since 2U never gets too weird
It's not THAT bad.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

To add on to that, maths in focus is too basic...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)