Change physics to music 2? (1 Viewer)

russ3l

HSC
Hey guys,

I've been struggling with physics, quite a lot, lately (don't know why) and I'm not really enjoying it either. From my gut feeling, I reckon I should change to Music 2 (as I've topped stage 4 and 5 music consecutively). But, obviously, dropping 1) a high scaling subject and 2) along with its uni prerequisites is a big thing. But, for point 2, I've been told it doesn't really matter if I haven't met the uni prerequisites because there are things like bridging courses. I highly doubt I have a chance on getting a b6 in physics, but (going off previous results) I may have a chance for a b6 in Music 2, which could disregard the scalings.
Opinions? Sorry if this post is confusing/hard to follow...

planino

HSC
Many people who do Music 2 actually do get Band 6's. For Physics, I think the B6 percentages are lower, so if you're talented + think you've got a shot, then go for Music 2.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure ~1/3 of people who do music 2 get a band 6, or something high like that!

For me it was my bulgiest subject during class, however at home you need to practice quite a considerable amount to even think about getting a good mark in your performance.
Prelim music is really fun, you go from each period starting from baroque - the mid 90s (including a few of the smaller periods)
HSC music however is pretty bad. You learn about australian western art music in the last 25 years (you need to write at least 1 composition and perform 1 piece in this style)

Imo, the written music exam is similar to the AOS in english in the way that it is presented as you have unseen/unheard music (with or without scores) and you have to identify techniques from various concepts. However it is a lot easier than english (you can bs/waffle and potentially get a mark)

If you want to know anything specific about music, feel free to contact me :p

russ3l

HSC
Thanks for the inputs, guys :)

So, from what I'm gathering, getting a b6 for music is reasonable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)