Anyone have any tips for me in regards to my Legal extended response essays :) please (1 Viewer)

Raajaaqt

HSC
The essay question is:

Assess the effectiveness of the law reform process in achieving just outcomes in regards to native title.

Now when I first read this it sounds a mouthful and it scared me a bit.

I am however reading more now and trying to get a grasp on the task but am just asking for any tips or advice from other people who have responded to this question or if anyone else has something to add will be much appreciated. I am in Year 11 Legal and just need a push in the right direction. ( maybe a shove ;)..)

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Raajaaqt.

hasdhil

HSC
Re: Anyone have any tips for me in regards to my Legal extended response essays :) pl

I would look at all the different aspects of the law in order for it to be effective, like the application of rule of law, equality and other areas like that. Talk about a major case that actually caused the law reform to occur, off the top of my head i think there was the case of Eddie Mabo. Talk about what exactly would be defined as a just oucome so that when you assess it makes more sense.

Some tips for extended reponses in legal studies in general are to is include case studies when you are talking about an issue, this is extremely important. The case studies support all the theory that you write in your reponse and sometimes can help you better explain what you are talking about. Legislation is equally important to include in your answers.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)