Need help with my subject selection and ATAR. (1 Viewer)

starmk53

HSC
N/A
Ok basically i have started year 11 with these subjects:

English Adv.
Business Studies
Legal Studies
Maths Adv.
Accounting
PDHPE

I am thinking about changing advance english to standard because i am struggling to do the work and i am not understanding much in class. And changing legal studies for Construction (i will dropp either construction or accounting in year 12 so i can get an ATAR)

I am wondering if i can get a decent atar, in the 80s because i want to study either some sort of business or event management in UNI, can you guys give me some tips , thanks!

Indoz

HSC
Why are you struggling with advanced? Standard is close to the same thing i think

goobypls

HSC
The first section in prelim/HSC english exam is share between advanced and standard students everything thing else is separate for adv/std students. This is why it's really hard for standard students to get a band 6 because people in adv easily doing the same thing and getting all the top marks.

enoilgam

HSC
First off, dont drop to standard, it is just about the worse thing you can do. Due to the nature of standard, it is extremely difficult to get a band 6 in the subject and it is also quite hard to get even a band 5. Added to that, it is not that much easier than Advanced. So dropping down would not only hurt your ATAR, but it would also be useless since it isnt that much easier.

I probably wouldnt change from Legal to Construction, because then that limits you for choices on what you can drop in year 12. You want to have options in terms of dropping, so that you can ideally cut your weakest subject. You dont want to restrict yourself to only being able to drop one of two subjects.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Advanced English is just about the same, except some texts may be more difficult, I would advise you not to drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)