How are my subjects? (1 Viewer)

iamsashafierce

HSC
Hi! So I am in week 6 (?) of Year 11, and so far oddly enough, I am loving it!
I wanted to know how my subjects are in terms of your opinion! But I also needed advice on whether I should drop/change a subject (will explain further below)

I am currently studying:
- English Advanced
- English Extension
- Legal Studies
- Ancient History
- Modern History
- Studies of Religion 1
- Society and Culture

I was wandering whether I should change Society and culture and do Economics instead?
As you can deduce from my subject choices.. I am terrible at maths! I am planning to drop society and culture when I start Year 12 because I hate it and feel it is too time consuming. Should I change to Economics instead when it's less time consuming (it is, my friend who does both society and eco told me this) and drop that in year 12, however I know I will do better in Society but it doesn't really matter considering i'm dropping either eco/society for year 12 and picking up Ext 2 and Hist Ext, how do you think I would go in Economics considering i'm terrible at maths + sciences.

p.s: My year advisor said I could change subjects, my lines are fine and everything :)
Thank you so much! :)

Last edited:

Wonder

HSC
I think it would be a good idea to switch, if you hate Society and Culture. Economics does have a tiny bit of maths, it's just very basic equations but you might find it a bit confusing if you're not doing any Maths at all. How did you go in Year 10 Maths? It's also a logical kind of subject, and uses a small bit of Maths and Science skills. Having said that, it's still a social science with totally different content to maths/science and I think you'd be fine.

iamsashafierce

HSC
yeah thats true, thank you! :)
However I went terrible in year 10 maths and science. I'll consider it though :)
How are my subjects? Are they okay? Is doing BOTH Ancient History and Modern History a bad idea?

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
If you do what you enjoy and don't mind spending too much work on it then yeah, go for it! A few of my friends do both ancient and modern and say it is great.

aekryan

HSC
Modern scales really well if you do relatively well and is a moderate scaler if you are mediocre.
Ancient is static and so is legal but they can be great if you are good at them and are in the top 3.
, 4u and 3u English scales well but not if you bomb. These are eaiser than advanced, require less work and good to score well and and boost atar. (plus if you're bad at advanced only 2 units of english counts (the ext and ext2)
SOR are 1 u is good as it is easy and requires only a night of study.
Soc and culture you should probably drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)