legal or business? (1 Viewer)

alicia_97

HSC
i do business now (had to choose between legal or business) and im just so uninterested in the content and for whats to come, this year and next. and i just dont feel at all motivated so im hoping they'll still let me change

how hard is it to get a band 6 in legal?

enoilgam

HSC
i do business now (had to choose between legal or business) and im just so uninterested in the content and for whats to come, this year and next. and i just dont feel at all motivated so im hoping they'll still let me change

is it hard to get a band 6 in legal?
Well, that really depends on the person and how much effort you put in. Personally, I dont think getting a band 6 in legal was overly difficult for me - it was probably the second easiest subject I did. Given the changes to the syllabus that took effect in 2011, I think it is probably even easier now.

ali2536

HSC
I think if you want to go do Legal studies you have to be prepared to do a lot of reasearch e.g. looking for relevant newspaper articles and cases to back up your argument because you need to integrate them in your essay. You also have to do a lot of essay writing and if that is your thing then definitely go for it. If you enjoy learning about crime issues, human rights, etc. then this is the course for you. But don't just go into it because you don't like Business Studies. You never know u might find business studies to be really interesting! :)

alicia_97

HSC
im quite fond of essays and analysing stuff. and looking through my sister's essays from hsc legal, i do find myself interested in the content. im just worried that i wont do good in it but i guess that all comes down to how hard i work!

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
imo legal studies is boring af

I take legal as a free period and do all my other subjects work lol

BreJ

HSC
I do both, I only did business because i had to do a business subject!! So far i enjoy legal studies much more!!

Senor901

HSC
Do Legal. Good Knowledge of the law is a must in life! Plus, if you are interested in current issues and like to analyse and evaluate, it's a great subject. It's also not the most difficult subject as the syllabus is fairly straight forward

neanderthal

HSC
I liked business more, but still did better in legal because the content was easier. I spent heaps more time studying business than legal.

naav

HSC
Business - main emphasis on vocabulary
Legal - know your case studies/ articles, etc..

Examine

same
HSC
Business is far easier than legal.
?

Anyway, I finished Business and I am doing Legal atm.

For Business, there is less content though it is arguably harder to understand (though mainly for 1 topic out of the four).

For Legal, it seems that it is more content heavy but you won't have any trouble not understanding anything.

I guess it depends on what you think you will be more interested in.

Last edited:

alicia_97

HSC
ugh they wont let me drop it cos apparently its too late. now im stuck with a subject i hate for the next 2 years, along with another that i feel the same about. ha wow this is not good

atomyka

HSC
Im currently doing both and regretting them. I thought they would be so much better and interesting but my mind just might not like the content. It depends what you wanna learn (eg I learnt what I wanted to know as soon as the course started so I have no more interest in it) but people are different. Hope you make the right choice.

hoofheartedgirl

HSC
You do a some legal studies in business studies. Having said that, I personally think with legal you become aware of your rights and when you get sued or whatever, you can defend yourself. With business, you inevitably learn about business. What I you don't end up perusing a business career?

I do legal and I know from first hand experience that the year 11 course is very dry. They leave all the good stuff for year 12 eg. Crime.

A lot of my friends do business and they always struggle with their exams and stress a lot about it. Where as legal no one really talks or stresses about an exam. Everyone does really well even if they make stuff up on the spot.

Having said that it's ultimately your decision.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Drop business and do eco instead lol. It's more understanding based content, compared to just rote learnt content found in business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)