How good is dot point chemistry (1 Viewer)

Triage

HSC
N/A
I am thinking about buying dot point chemistry preliminary, but I thought I would just ask on here first. How good is it? If I know it cover to cover, will I struggle to get a bad mark in prelim chem? Cheers

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I am thinking about buying dot point chemistry preliminary, but I thought I would just ask on here first. How good is it? If I know it cover to cover, will I struggle to get a bad mark in prelim chem? Cheers
maybe try making your own dot points from the syllabus? This way you can write it how you understand it to make it easier to revise such as mindmaps, tables and diagrams. Works for me!

starshine02

HSC
I think it doesn't go into enough detail half the time but I think I'm slightly biased. Provided that you understand the content it can definitely help in making your own notes but I don't recommend using it solely for studying.

Deliriously

HSC
Okay for revision but if you want to achieve high marks, I wouldn't bother with it since the answers they provide are fairly brief and you can just write your own notes.

Immortalp00n

HSC
learn your content, do past paper questions... best.
dot point is aiight for revision b4 an exam tho its too brief and doesnt go into enough detail

albertcamus

HSC
It's pretty bad - the sample answers are beyond bad.

If I was you, I'd go with the multitude of freely available past papers, or if you really want to, buy a second hand Success 1 HSC Chemistry Book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)