school restrictions (1 Viewer)

atomyka

HSC
is it possible to be forced to drop a subject because of your performance? like Im currently doing mathematics and scored a 9/40 for my practice exam. I was the lowent in my ear but the best score was 21/40. Seeing as I achieved such a poor score can I be forced to drop to general?

deloving

HSC
At my school whoever scores below 60% on the first assessment is dropped to General.

If it's the same at your school, then I'll see you there.

Zokunu

HSC
yah if you want to, my school allowed people to stay even though they got below 60%. I have a friend who has 6/20 in his exam. The teacher offered him to move down to General, but he still choose to stay. It really depends on the school/teacher though. i suggest you move down to "General". Staying their won't do you good, unless you study harder than usual and learn from your mistakes.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
yeah legally they can't drop you or restrict you from doing a course, unless they "have no more spots in the class", or they simple dont offer a course. You can do what ever the F@CK YOU WANNA DOOOOOO!!!!

Verify

HSC
I'm pretty sure they can only 'advise' you to drop anything - they can't force you to.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
yeah legally they can't drop you or restrict you from doing a course, unless they "have no more spots in the class", or they simple dont offer a course. You can do what ever the F@CK YOU WANNA DOOOOOO!!!!
Pretty much this.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Then how come my friend was forced to go from Standard English to English studies? lol

study1234

HSC
Promise your teacher that you will work much harder, then actually do work harder. The next two years are your last 2 years, out of 13 years at school. Just do well in these 2 years, then you can do anything you want at uni (or whatever your aspirations are).

Fawun

Queen
HSC
OMG

I don't understand how they can do that, you can't stop someone from getting an atar.
She wouldn't have been getting an atar anyway because iirc, she does Photography, English Studies (now), Music, Modern, Hospitality, Exploring Early Childhood and some of those aren't atar subjects.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
She wouldn't have been getting an atar anyway because iirc, she does Photography, English Studies (now), Music, Modern, Hospitality, Exploring Early Childhood and some of those aren't atar subjects.
Hospitality is vet, EEC is non atar though. I did photography in yr 11, it only goes for yr 11 and then you drop it anyway.

Haruka

HSC
I'm wondering the same thing... because I stink at Chemistry, and can't stand my teacher, but it's too late to change.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Someone went from 5.1 maths in year ten (in which I'm pretty sure they just learn how to count and maybe add) to mathematics in year eleven. They didn't tell him had to drop, but after he got 1/26 (the one mark was for good working out, he didn't even arrive at the correct answer) in the first assessment they heavily encouraged that he go to general for his own well being.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)