the search for related texts in Journeys? (1 Viewer)

SCAR_Blade

HSC
my current english assessment requires a minimum of three related texts for journeys in addition to multiple Robert frost poems. i have one maybe two so far. these texts can be anything from posters to songs to videos short stories or anything that has journey in it. the only thing im trying to stay away from is novels and big books because i dont have the time to read them properly. does anyone have any suggestions for texts i could use?

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Trust me when I say... you can turn any text into a suitable one for Journey lol. Also, you don't necessarily have to read all the books you use as related texts, just as long as you understand the essence of it and can adapt knowledge/quotes. If you want to go with the typical bunch, I'd go with:

1. T.S Eliot, 'The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock' (poem - though maybe you should avoid poetry if it is your assigned text)
2. Edgar Allan Poe, 'A Tell-Tale Heart' (excellent short story, tension->momentum->climax->fall->denouement->resolution->catastrophe = journey conveyed through dramatic structure/form and changes in language/syntax)
3. Danny Boyle, '127 Hours' (Film) / Ralston's, 'Between a Rock and a Hard Place'
4. Any propaganda/poster in relation to Social/Darwinism
5. The Hours, 'Ali in the Jungle' (Song)

Good luck. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)