Need urgent help for Advanced english changing perspectives! (1 Viewer)

DudeLove

HSC
"All changes of perspective are initiated by external factors. To what extent do the texts you have studied support this statement?"
That is my essay question and i have to use two poems studied in class + an audio text we'll get on the day.

How can i do my thesis? What are external factors (limited to)? I can only think of time right now

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I can't really think of what you'd write as a thesis statement since I don't know if you're supporting or opposing the statement. Some external factors I can think of though, are trauma, education, relationships and religious conversion (not exhaustive, but the best I can do at the minute).

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I would personally consider religious conversion a perfectly acceptable example to use. While the decision to adopt new faith may be personal, the associated teachings would certainly qualify as external influences. When one takes on a new religion they must also adopt the views which it promotes. For example, a person may have no problem with homosexuality or abortion prior to their conversion. Proceeding it, however, one may have their perspectives on such issues altered by religious writings or the expressed views of respected/authoritative figures in the religion they now adhere to. Of course, like most things in English, it's entirely a matter of opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to use it myself though. Anytime one accepts a series of doctrines, as one must to convert religion, they are invariably going to view the world and in a different light as a direct result of its contents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)