Help about subject selection. Urgent! (1 Viewer)

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok so today i had a chemistry assessment and i hated it, it was horrible. I'm pretty sure i got half of the data analysis wrong. I really want to drop chemistry because i can tell i'm not going to be good at it and i'm just not enjoying it. However i want to enter the MBBS program for either Adelaide or UNSW and i'm pretty suree if i drop chemistry then it would affect my chances of getting into a MBBS program however i know it will be very bad for my ATAR. So should i drop and if so what to? I don't like physics or anything with maths. I cant do hospitality because i'm pretty sure that you have to do some stuff after school hours and i dont have time for that. I'm thinking if i do drop maybe art? However i dropped art in year 8 so i'm sure i missed a lot. And i dont think i can stand another year of chemistry to wait to get into Senior Science( even then it has physics). I really enjoy business studies, legal studies and biology. Oh and is it too late to change subjects?

Can someone please help me?
Thank You :smile:

Capt Rifle

HSC
Keep Chemistry until the half yearlies. Some people are good at prac, some people are good at theory. So give it sometime, and then judge your performance. I do not know much about MBBS, but I do not think it will affect much.

HSC
Mmmmmm... from what I hear from you, your best bet is to drop chemistry and do something you're more passionate about, so that you can at least have a shot of enjoying yourself and excelling. No point in continuing in a subject you can't stand. In my school, the last day to drop was actually Term 1 week 3!! Not sure about you though? I doubt they'll let you change now unfortunately :(
You might have to hang in there until Term 4 when you're in Year 12... and drop it!
Medicine doesn't have any official prerequisites, just recommendations. You don't need Chemistry, but they prefer you have it there so you have a sound knowledge, as you will have to undertake a fair bit of chemistry in Uni for medicine! If you feel like this could jeopardise your ATAR though, drop it. You can always do bridging courses or learn it after the HSC.

Good luck! :) I'm hoping to get into medicine too hahaha (and I'm in Year 11 as well, doing Chemistry :p )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)