Studies of religion Question (1 Viewer)

sdoumit

HSC
I've got a quote from Albert einstein that i have to reference to the question of what contributes to a dynamic, living religious tradition on christianity. The quote is “True Religion is real living; living with all one’s soul, with all one’s goodness and righteousness.”

If someone could help me i would really appretiate it :)

moustachio

HSC
I guess you could talk about how religion relies on believers who through carrying ethics (i.e. for goodness and righteousness) and therefore proclaiming their belief through these ethics keeps the religion alive. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for? Please don't just rely on my answer.

sdoumit

HSC
Thankyou, i don't know how to start the whole response (intro) ?? any ideas on that?

moustachio

HSC
Is this a whole extended response? Jeez! HAHAHA I guess you would have to mention the 4 characteristics of religion and say that they link together to create a living, dynamic religion + something about Christianity embodying these characteristics + the quote also encompasses the 4 characteristics.

sdoumit

HSC
Yeah its an extended response. Haha i know its giving me a headache!! Thank you this will help a lot :)

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
A DYNAMIC religion question is referring to how the religion is TODAY and how it affects DAILY LIVING!

Sure you can talk about the past, add some quotes and what not. But always tie it into what the religions do today!

For example with Christianity, say that many people incorporate Christianity into their daily lives today. This is because it provides a greater sense of personal fulfilment in a society that is constantly changing. Thus, if adherents are able to to incorporate all their "soul... goodness and righteousness" into their daily lives they are essentially becoming one with God by abiding to the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17) that was set out. In this way, individuals are able to contribute to the dynamic & living tradition that Christianity is today.

Obviously, try and word that better. That was a quick 5 minute bullshit paragraph. But you get the idea!

sdoumit

HSC
Thank you!! That was actually a useful 5 minutes bullshit paragraph haha

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I'd say to have a body paragraph for each of the four components of a 'dynamic, living religion' (beliefs and believers, rituals and ceremonies, etc) and talk about how the quote relates to each.

sdoumit

HSC
I'd say to have a body paragraph for each of the four components of a 'dynamic, living religion' (beliefs and believers, rituals and ceremonies, etc) and talk about how the quote relates to each.
Thank you, thats a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)