English Extension - Related text help? (1 Viewer)

yaminn

HSC
In English Extension, I have an assignment/assessment to do on the British Industrial Era. Along with this, I need to have a quick analysis of a text written during or shortly after the British Industrial Era which reflects the ideas and views held by the people at the time. I was wondering is anyone knew of a related text that would be of help for this, quick reads/short stories are welcome. Especially famous authors during the time or now, something of possible controversy would be nice too? It's fine if it isn't though.
In class we're looking at some of Robert Browning's poems, so my teacher said not to use any poems. Thank you!

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
In English Extension, I have an assignment/assessment to do on the British Industrial Era. Along with this, I need to have a quick analysis of a text written during or shortly after the British Industrial Era which reflects the ideas and views held by the people at the time. I was wondering is anyone knew of a related text that would be of help for this, quick reads/short stories are welcome. Especially famous authors during the time or now, something of possible controversy would be nice too? It's fine if it isn't though.
In class we're looking at some of Robert Browning's poems, so my teacher said not to use any poems. Thank you!
Hey, Sorry, Wait is this Yaminn from Giraween High? Sorry i cant be of much help because I don't do extension but you could always check hsconline website, sparknotes, shmoop.

rozella

HSC
I know Great Expectations by Charles Dickens was written during/shortly after that time, and makes some references to the Industrial Revolution. It focuses on the injustices that occurred during that time, particularly the injustices in the working classes, despite the growing wealth of the nation. Good luck.

yasminee96

HSC
If you're okay with a painting, "My Dress Hangs There" by Frida Kahlo is decent? :)

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Joseph Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness' would be an excellent related text. It's a classic and also did stir up controversy with its negative commentary on the British imperialism/colonialism "quest for truth," "civilising foreign monkeys," and "dehumanising in the setting of the Industrial Revolution."

yaminn

HSC
Yeah I'm from Girraween High.
but haha alright, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)