Year 12 vs year 11 (1 Viewer)

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Some people argue that year 12 is harder but many believe that hsc is more generalised than year 11 and therefore easier because it tells you exactly what to prepare for and look out for in exams. A friend of mine failed his preliminary chem and ranked 50/54 in chemistry in year 11. However in year 12 he ranked around 9th and got a band 6! So which is more difficult hsc or prelim. (more content in hsc but prelim has more units right!) Is it true that hsc is more easier and why? All answers appreciated thanks!

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
Your friend probably just worked harder. The hsc work is probably slightly more difficult in terms of content but not that much more. Unless you do MX2 cause that steps it up a little more than say prelim phys into hsc phys.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
HSC content is, if only marginally, harder. However, in terms of skills, if you can master exam technique/essay writing/other skills then you should be set in year 12. Apart from that, it's just the stress/pressure/awareness that every mark count which makes it seem so daunting/difficult in comparison to Preliminary.

jadiskris

HSC
Personally I think in yr eleven it's about mastering the skills and practical knowledge and then applying it to the yr twelve contents.
It really depends on the individual really.

Though it's safe to say if you failed the first year completely you are doomed for the hsc because you don't have the required skills to ace the papers.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok thanks i kinda get it now>.
Thanks a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)