Is this a risky set of subjects? (1 Viewer)

coldrain

Hello friends
HSC
Okay so this year I am doing 13 units:

Advanced English
Extension 1 English
Advanced Maths
Visual Arts
Physics
Music
IT VET

If all goes well, I plan on doing Extension 2 English and dropping either Music or IT VET depending on which I do better in, or both if I need to. The thing is if I end up doing:

Extension 2 English
Advanced Maths
Visual Arts
Physics

Am I taking a high risk? I'm quite confident in Visual Arts, and my English is fairly good, alright in Maths and Physics I can just manage. And I'm aiming for an ATAR of 90+, preferably 94ish...?

What do you guys suggest?

enoilgam

HSC
I dont think it's a risk - if you think you will like those subjects and do well in them, then they are the right choice. If you were aiming for 99+, then I would say VA, Music or IT VET could be risky, but if you want around 94 it shouldnt be an issue.

Also, go into year 11 with an open mind, dont go in intending to drop a subject at the end. Start thinking about it more towards the end of year 11 once you have experienced each subject.

coldrain

Hello friends
HSC
Ah thanks for the advice! I initially wanted to do SDD but couldn't cause my subjects were clashing so I picked up music which I do enjoy but theory is not my thing haha and I'm a little afraid of IT VET because I did IPT in year 10 and got pretty bad, not so sure why I chose IT VET when I think about it :/

norwegianwood

HSC
wooo yeah do visual arts!
it's my fav subject <3
the major work doesn't feel like work if you do something you enjoy
it is super fulfilling and feels like a break from essays/maths/etc.

coldrain

Hello friends
HSC
wooo yeah do visual arts!
it's my fav subject <3
the major work doesn't feel like work if you do something you enjoy
it is super fulfilling and feels like a break from essays/maths/etc.
Hahaha it's definitely my favourite subject as well! Yeah I agree, I'm excited to start my major work haha~

SuchSmallHands

HSC
As enoilgam said, it may be risky if you were aiming for something around 99.95, but you can 94 with those subject so problem if you're doing decently in them :)

coldrain

Hello friends
HSC
As enoilgam said, it may be risky if you were aiming for something around 99.95, but you can 94 with those subject so problem if you're doing decently in them :)
Aha thanks! I got exam week next week so let's see how I go ay haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)