Can i do extension maths and extension english at the same time? (1 Viewer)

obviouslyme

HSC
Hi :) I am currently doing extension maths (3U) for preliminary and if i do well, i am definitely going to continue 3U maths for year 12. But i am wondering if i should do extension english too? Extension english there is a lot of reading and analysis to do and i am not sure if i have the time for that.

I was going to do 4U maths ... but then ... i am not those 'naturally' smart people so i don't think 4U maths is for me. Yup, and i am not thattt good at english either. Just capable enough to make it to extension :)

So yeah, should i do ext. english as well?
Because i am worried that if i don't do extension english my subjects aren't going to guarantee a 95 +

I currently do extension maths, chemistry, biology, economics and ancient. If i don't do ext. english, am i still able to get 95+ ATAR? Thanks :D:angel:

madharris

HSC
N/A
Of course you're able to get 95+, especially with that subject combination if that's what you're worried about!

I recommend keeping 3u english for now, and if it get's too hard, or if the workload is too much then drop it! However if you're coping, you're enjoying it and your other subjects aren't suffering then keep it!

iBibah

HSC
Hi :) I am currently doing extension maths (3U) for preliminary and if i do well, i am definitely going to continue 3U maths for year 12. But i am wondering if i should do extension english too? Extension english there is a lot of reading and analysis to do and i am not sure if i have the time for that.

I was going to do 4U maths ... but then ... i am not those 'naturally' smart people so i don't think 4U maths is for me. Yup, and i am not thattt good at english either. Just capable enough to make it to extension :)

So yeah, should i do ext. english as well?
Because i am worried that if i don't do extension english my subjects aren't going to guarantee a 95 +

I currently do extension maths, chemistry, biology, economics and ancient. If i don't do ext. english, am i still able to get 95+ ATAR? Thanks :D:angel:
Yes you can definitely do the both of them, there are many people who do 4U English and 4U maths at the same time too. However everyone is different, so whether you will cope is up to you to find out. There is no harm in starting it and if you find it too difficult just drop it.

And with those subjects you can get 99+ ATAR if you do well enough, so that's not something to worry about.

If the bold part is the main reason for selecting ext english, then don't, because that's not true at all.

I reckon you should give it a go so that you have no regrets, and then drop if it becomes too much.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Currently at my school with a cohort of 80 (yes, very little) there is 1 person doing 4U Maths and 3U English.

There are about 5 other people doing 3U Maths and 3U English. I had this combination last year until I dropped 3U Maths.

It is possible to do both, and I reckon your current choice of subjects can definitely get you a >95 ATAR if you're good enough, and you seem to be. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)