Creative Writting - How to remember your practice essay? (1 Viewer)

Marundanation

HSC
Hello,

I have an english exam based on Creative writing soon and I would want to know how to remember 90% of your written "perfected" draft from home to apply to the real exam? In my last two English exams we did lots of practice essays weeks before the exam itself, I can seem always seem to remember what I wrote and I was satisfied with the results I gotten. However Creative writing is very difficult as we all know, and I have having trouble remembering the crucial words and sentences that are related to the story. Any tips to this problem would be appreciated.

Time management is also another story...

Elie2107

HSC
For me, I find revising it the night before helps me. I write and memorize the MAIN POINTS for each paragraph of the essay and try to focus on that, than try to focus on remembering it word for word. Start 5 days before the exam just reading it over and over again, and the final night is when you try and store it in your head. Also the use of a different highlighter or colour for each paragraph helps.

Hope this helped :)

Marundanation

HSC
Thanks for the advice. I managed to remember 80% of the essay now and I will try to make up the 20% in the exam tomorrow.

HSC
I always write mine out as comic strips then try to remember each frame by drawing them out over and over. Whilst I draw them I try and think of point for each frame so that by the time I finish I would have a broad outline of my piece and would have gone over the finer points in my head.

Verify

HSC
I always write mine out as comic strips then try to remember each frame by drawing them out over and over. Whilst I draw them I try and think of point for each frame so that by the time I finish I would have a broad outline of my piece and would have gone over the finer points in my head.
Ermergerd photographic memory

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
My method of memorising is pretty straightforward. I just read it over and over again. The catch (I do this with speeches, as well) is to perform it like a play. With speeches, I present it persuasively. I find that 'performing' my stories as if they were a theatrical act just refines my memory. Immersing yourself in the story, and experiencing the character as if you were them, will really help you memorise your creative writing.

I think through that method, you start realising which tones are suitable for delivering some lines. Once you have a tone down pat, you might think, "Hey, that's a little too sophisticated" and then 'dumb it down' a bit so it's a tad more realistic. idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)