Is using points from a resource provided by the teacher plagiarism? (1 Viewer)

rozella

HSC
Recently I had my half-yearly exam for SOR1. We were given pre-warnings about what the extended response in this exam would be about. The teacher sent everyone who was going to sit for the exam some resources that could be used to study. One of these covered what we needed to study for the extended response. It was an extended response answer to a question that was VERY similar to the one we got on the day. And when I say VERY, it was almost identical, except reworded.

Is it plagiarism to use the points from this resource in the extended response in the exam? I made my own argument points, so I didn't use any from the resource and simply used it as a guide. I have no doubt, however, that at least a few people would have pretty much memorised the main points from this resource. There were 4 main argument points that were elaborated on in the resource. Note that the resource can also be found on the Internet.

iBibah

HSC
Recently I had my half-yearly exam for SOR1. We were given pre-warnings about what the extended response in this exam would be about. The teacher sent everyone who was going to sit for the exam some resources that could be used to study. One of these covered what we needed to study for the extended response. It was an extended response answer to a question that was VERY similar to the one we got on the day. And when I say VERY, it was almost identical, except reworded.

Is it plagiarism to use the points from this resource in the extended response in the exam? I made my own argument points, so I didn't use any from the resource and simply used it as a guide. I have no doubt, however, that at least a few people would have pretty much memorised the main points from this resource. There were 4 main argument points that were elaborated on in the resource. Note that the resource can also be found on the Internet.
No of course not. It's just like thinking its plagiarism if you use the main points from a textbook to cover the syllabus. Every point made has to come from somewhere (usually).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rozella

HSC
Thanks for letting me know! I probably should've used points from it then...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)