Is it possible to write 1300 words in 50 minutes? (1 Viewer)

Joy H

HSC
I have an English exam soon and I was wondering if it's possible to write 1300 words in 50 minutes :/ I think I can do it but hand cramping seems inevitable. Any tips?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Practice Practice Practice

Before my hsc, i could probably only write about 900 words in 50 minutes and my hand would inevitably cramp/ache during that time

However in the month leading up to the HSC, i put 3 AA batteries on the top of my pen and used it for everything (especially when practicing english essays).
By the time the HSC came around i could write significantly faster, and my hand didn't ache/hurt at all in any of my HSC exams

- of course, in the first week of using the batteries, your hand feels like shit and your writing is pretty messy, however as your hand gets stronger, you'll be able to write properly

p.s. remember to take the batteries off during the exam

enoilgam

HSC
It is definitely possible - I managed to do it on a few exams during my HSC. However, it really depends on your writing speed, which can be improved significantly with practice. Like most physical activities, if you work at it you can improve your speed quite a bit.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Practice Practice Practice

Before my hsc, i could probably only write about 900 words in 50 minutes and my hand would inevitably cramp/ache during that time

However in the month leading up to the HSC, i put 3 AA batteries on the top of my pen and used it for everything (especially when practicing english essays).
By the time the HSC came around i could write significantly faster, and my hand didn't ache/hurt at all in any of my HSC exams

- of course, in the first week of using the batteries, your hand feels like shit and your writing is pretty messy, however as your hand gets stronger, you'll be able to write properly

p.s. remember to take the batteries off during the exam
OP this may seem stupid and obvious but i have heard stories of students having batteries on throughout the year, and then getting so use to it they completely forget to take it off for the actual exam.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
the battery thing doesn't really work lol
But i guess it kinda has a placebo effect :L

BigBadBader

HSC
why wouldnt it work though? seems perfectly fine. adding weights on yopur pen to work out the hand muscles, then removing the batteries and being able to write faster.

its like then ankle weights...

enoilgam

HSC
I didnt buy into it either - for me, my speed naturally increased because I had to write so much in my subjects.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I can honestly say that from personal experience it worked for me.
Although who knows maybe the writing faster thing is a placebo effect however strengthening your hand muscles to raise it's endurance so you can write longer without your hand aching/cramping really is true.

I use to cramp after a few hundred words, however after using the battery for the month before the HSC, I didn't have to stop to shake my hand or rest it during any of my exams as it didn't get sore

kwu1

HSC
I have an English exam soon and I was wondering if it's possible to write 1300 words in 50 minutes :/ I think I can do it but hand cramping seems inevitable. Any tips?
Try JetStream pens out. Personally, the battery technique didn't work out for me but testing different pens did :p

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Wrote about 1400-1600 today for an economics essay in 50 minutes without writing much for quite a while. Surprised me slightly.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Did 1500+ approx for economics. So just practice and you should be fine. I dont get cramps :0 too much writing....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)