Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: How to excel in senior year studies (yr 11/12)-99+ ATAR graduate

HSC

Re: Advice from a graduated HSC student on how to excel in senior year studies(yr 11/

Quote Originally Posted by Munti View Post
    I am a massive procrastinator and it is so difficult for me to actually start doing work if I switch off the wifi, I just go an turn it back on 10 mins later, as soon as I reach some hard questions I just stop studying etc. I rarely ever follow my study schedule and I delay everything. Any advice ??
    OMG, I legit have the same problem lol!!

HSC

Re: Advice from a graduated HSC student on how to excel in senior year studies(yr 11/

Quote Originally Posted by bujolover View Post
    OMG, I legit have the same problem lol!!
    Same lol
    HSC 2018: 3U English | Economics | Legal Studies | Modern History | Studies of Religion 1
    University 2019: B Commerce/B Laws at Macquarie University

HSC

Re: How to excel in senior year studies (yr 11/12)-99+ ATAR graduate

Thanks Mei for your post
    strawberrye likes this.
    Preliminary 2017 || English Advanced - Economics - Ancient History - Biology - Visual Arts - General Maths - Studies of Religion 1

HSC 2018 || English Standard - Ancient History - Biology - Visual Arts - General Maths - Studies of Religion 1

ATAR AIM: 92+

HSC
    N/A

Thanks for sharing your tip! I enjoyed reading this thread! You help us!
    strawberrye likes this.

HSC

hi just wondering what would you recommend for hsc and also prelime notes making in terms of hand writing notes or typing notes. my subjects are english, religion, pe, sac and geo so would these suit more hand written or typed notes, or from your experience of the hsc can u give any suggestions. thanks sm for the info

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by kjones9525 View Post
    hi just wondering what would you recommend for hsc and also prelime notes making in terms of hand writing notes or typing notes. my subjects are english, religion, pe, sac and geo so would these suit more hand written or typed notes, or from your experience of the hsc can u give any suggestions. thanks sm for the info
    I reckon typed because it's much more aesthetic to look at (legit makes a difference idk why) and you can edit it along the way!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

HSC

start by typing when making notes for reasons pikachu said, but when actually studying closer to exams, start writing important concepts/things that you know are assessed as it'll help with memory
    2017 HSC
    sci/advstud (neuro) at University of Sydney

Magniloquent Member strawberrye's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see this until now. I think this one is a very difficult question, because I tried both and still ended up doing hand writing notes. However, the way I absorbed information was a bit funny, I liked to cram entire topics onto a mind map and I look over that before the exam, or remember the content in the process of summarising it. I tried doing notes by typing it up, but soon found a big problem that I am a perfectionist and I spent more time fiddling with fonts/margin alignments and tables then I did with the actual notes, so it was a lost cause, plus there's already so many good notes online it is a bit of waste of time to try to type up notes from scratch (but that's just my experience with science type subjects), since you do some content heavy subjects, typing up notes would probably be a very good idea (but I think at the end of the day you need to balance efficiency-how fast you will be able to write your notes with effectiveness-how effective the note making process will be to your studies-and choose/or mix up your note making methods this way-it is a bit trial and error and see what works for you)

HSC
    N/A

"I would assign at least 90 minutes of rest after school-so it is like 30 minutes for afternoon tea and 1 hour for dinner"

Hey just curious, how much sleep did you get each night, and how many hours of study did you do per day for each subject?
    oh and also did you study in the mornings?

And also how much time did you allocate to making notes, memorising, and then practising questions in each study session?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information