Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: How to excel in senior year studies (yr 11/12)-99+ ATAR graduate

HSC

Re: Advice from a graduated HSC student on how to excel in senior year studies(yr 11/

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP! strawberrye's advice is impeccable
    HSC 2015 | Standard English / SOR I / Ancient / Legal / Business / CAFS
    ATAR: 85.00
    B Arts @ USyd

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Advice from a graduated HSC student on how to excel in senior year studies(yr 11/

Quote Originally Posted by lightthefuze View Post
    BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP! strawberrye's advice is impeccable
    Thanks for the praise, but my advice is certainly not impeccable, since to be impeccable is to be perfect, and perfection is definitely not a part of being human. Furthermore, I have just contributed a little on the things that have worked for me, and ultimately everyone will find their own ways which works for them. This guide will approach impeccable when past students who have done other HSC subjects contribute and share their own personal insights. It is through comments like yours that will assist in making this guide as relevant and up-to date with current students as possible So If you have any questions, feel free to ask

HSC

This info it super fab!

I'm in the middle of preparing for the HSC but I can't find the rubric for advanced english, area of study: belonging

does anyone know where I could get it from?, I've been on the board of studies site but can't find it :/

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by sabri View Post
    This info it super fab!

I'm in the middle of preparing for the HSC but I can't find the rubric for advanced english, area of study: belonging

does anyone know where I could get it from?, I've been on the board of studies site but can't find it :/
    The rubric can be found within the HSC English syllabus document, however, this link to HSC online will give you the belonging rubric:HSC Online - Belonging: Area of Study. Thanks for the compliments by the way-glad you found it helpful If you have any questions, feel free to ask Best wishes for you to ace your HSC

HSC
    Uni Grad

Some last tips: Make sure you are studying at hours optimal to your alertness and concentration, and establish an objective for each study session and strive to achieve it, and upon achievement of that objective, you should reward yourself-either with free time, a snack, or something else. Ideally, you should be aiming for consistency, persistence and balance in your study schedule. Remember you will not be the only one feeling anxious, scared, worried, there will be hundreds, if not thousands of other students feeling the same way as you. You are never alone, if you have any questions-feel free to ask on BOS forums, your teachers, your parent, your friends-they can all help you.

My best wishes to all current and future year 11 students for excelling in their senior studies. The next two years will be exhilarating, eye-opening and somewhat stressful. Have faith in your academic potential and maximise your potential through hard work Don't stress TOO much and remember to always smile and drink a cup of water

Define your OWN results, don't let your RESULTS define you
    buckskinbrumby and frog1944 like this.

HSC

thank you sooo much!!

btw would you recommend using one type of related text for belonging such as a novels or a variety such as a short story and film?

HSC
    Uni Grad

thank you sooo much!!

btw would you recommend using one type of related text for belonging such as a novels or a variety such as a short story and film?
    No worries For any module that requires a related text, you should never use just one type of text. The following should be points that a good related text should fulfil:

1)You can find strong conceptual ideas between your related text and prescribed text in terms of the demands of the particular rubric/module
    2)The related text is not on the prescribed text list for any HSC English course and is not the same text form as your prescribed
    3)You should have confidence to be able to analyse your related text in the same depth as your prescribed text

For belonging, I would recommend a variety of text forms for your related text, the reason being this will allow you to demonstrate the diversity of your skill in analysing different text form as well as displaying your understanding how the concepts of the module can be found in a plethora of textual forms, which is one of the demands of the belonging rubric if you read it closely enough. The following is a link to a good website where you will find some pretty good related texts for belonging-both general and ones that are specific to your prescribed text

hscdiscovery

Hope this helps Any more questions-feel free to ask
    "DEFINE your own results, don't let your results DEFINE you"
    2013 All Rounders| Eng Adv(93)|2 unit maths(95)|Chem(94)|Physics(91)|
    Offering personalised tutoring: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...g-classifieds/

HSC

wow, you are a truly humble and generous person like seriously I can't even
    applause to you
    enigma_1 likes this.

HSC

thank you again so much this is amazing!

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaBengela View Post
    wow, you are a truly humble and generous person like seriously I can't even
    applause to you
    I am humbled by your praise, but through the passage of time, if you ask for help on other bored of studies forums, you will realise there are many other humble and generous persons around-if you have any questions-don't hesitate to askBest wishes for you to excel in your senior year studies

thank you again so much this is amazing!
    No worries, and thanks for the compliments-if you have any more questions or want me to elaborate more on any aspect of study please feel free to comment Best wishes for you to ace your senior year studies

cindy is such a bitch
    HSC
    strawberrye should be a mod! One of the most helpful members on boredofstudies!
    Last edited by dangerouss; 17 May 2014 at 11:35 PM.
    enigma_1 and tofusenpai like this.
    Preliminary HSC - 2014 HSC - 2015

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerouss View Post
    strawberrye should be a mod! One of the most helpful members on boredofstudies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
    Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+
    I agree 110%!

HSC 2015

Prelim: English Extension | Maths Extension | Chemistry | Biology | Society & Culture

Aiming for Medicine at UNSW
    HSC 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Kiraken View Post
    i am not moist

Bachelor of Law/ Bachelor of International Studies @ Macquarie University (GLEP Program)

:{)

HSC

Great guide strawberrye.

Just on the whole "burnout" issue before, it's important to recognise that what has been described in this thread isnt really burnout. Actual burnout is a psychological condition which has much deeper triggers. What was described before is pretty much what occurs when a person fails to properly pace themselves and balance their motivation - it isnt actually burnout.
    buckskinbrumby likes this.
    Moderator: Modern History, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion (SOR), Commerce/Business and The University of Notre Dame Australia

Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -
    Ex-HSC Student (2010) ****
    Advanced English l Maths 2U l Economics l Legal Studies l Modern History l Studies of Religion I

cindy is such a bitch
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by enoilgam View Post
    Great guide strawberrye.

Just on the whole "burnout" issue before, it's important to recognise that what has been described in this thread isnt really burnout. Actual burnout is a psychological condition which has much deeper triggers. What was described before is pretty much what occurs when a person fails to properly pace themselves and balance their motivation - it isnt actually burnout.
    Great point. This is actually the first time I've seen anyone describe 'burnout' in this way: very accurate.

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
    Economics, Agriculture.

HSC
    Bump!

HSC 2015

Prelim: English Extension | Maths Extension | Chemistry | Biology | Society & Culture

HSC 2015

i am not moist

Bachelor of Law/ Bachelor of International Studies @ Macquarie University (GLEP Program)

HSC
    Uni Grad

Thank you to everyone for the feedback so far-it is truly encouraging to see that my advice is helping people Thank you to enoilgam especially for further elaborating on my study guide to clarify some things up for every one. I have been truly humbled by all your compliments, and if anyone has any questions on any aspect of senior study, please feel free to ask Best wishes for the new school term ahead-hope everyone will find the new year a challenging and fruitful one

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrye View Post
    MATHS is a subject that needs to be practiced on a daily basis, you cannot get away with studying it the day before the actual exam. You need to understand the approach to achieve a solution to the problems, not just knowing how to answer a problem, but knowing the different types of problems you can encounter in any topic and the variation in the solution method to achieve them. Essentially, practice, practice, practice is the key to succeed in Maths.

I hope your laziness is only in not bothering to draw margins, and not in not doing lots of maths problems) Anyways, glad that the information helped, if you have any more questions, feel free to reply to this thread All my best wishes for you to ace your senior year studies (You've got a pretty heavy workload by the sounds of your subjects)
    This is something that I echo to my students all the freaking time, yet many of them don't do it.

Props to you
    B Engineering (Petroleum) / B Science (Mathematics, Statistics) @ UNSW

For Maths Tutoring inquiries, please visit here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...d.php?t=281590

HSC
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by justem View Post
    I agree 110%!

HSC 2015

Seconded.

HSC
    Uni Grad

All of you guys are far too kind I fully welcome critiques and questions to improve upon this guide as well as contributions for senior study tips for other subjects as well One more tip I could give to everyone: Don't be shy and you will shine
    "DEFINE your own results, don't let your results DEFINE you"
    2013 All Rounders| Eng Adv(93)|2 unit maths(95)|Chem(94)|Physics(91)|
    Offering personalised tutoring: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...g-classifieds/

HSC

Thank you so much for this post!
    I will be revisiting this thread from time to time.

HSC
    Bump

HSC 2015

HSC 2015

i am not moist

cindy is such a bitch
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrye View Post
    All of you guys are far too kind I fully welcome critiques and questions to improve upon this guide as well as contributions for senior study tips for other subjects as well One more tip I could give to everyone: Don't be shy and you will shine
    You are seriously one of the sweetest people on BOS! xx

Economics, Agriculture.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by dangerouss View Post
    You are seriously one of the sweetest people on BOS! xx
    Quote Originally Posted by justem View Post
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    Thank you so much for this post!
    I will be revisiting this thread from time to time.
    All of you guys (or should I say girls)are SERIOUSLY too kind Please feel free to ask questions on this thread if you have any concerns, queries and anything else. I wish you girls all the best for acing your senior years and achieving your ATAR aims and dreams-I have no doubt you all will

HSC

Mei, thanks for your info!
    I was wondering if you can elaborate more on how to write notes for the sciences. Like when, how much time u put in it, the format etc? I seriously need some help with notes, since it would be super time consuming when u do it for every subject nd u wd end up with no time studying it. One more thing lol, typed or written? Thanks a lotttttttttt!

HSC
    N/A

is there any thread that describes note making for the social sciences?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information