Nysf 2015 (1 Viewer)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Hello everyone, who here has applied for the national youth science forum 2015? How did your application go ? Which session did you apply for ?

Hopefully, I'll see you all there ^_^

macrazy

HSC
Me me me! I got an email about district selections a couple of days ago! I can't believe I only just saw this post now!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Me me me! I got an email about district selections a couple of days ago! I can't believe I only just saw this post now!

Congrats! What did the e-mail say? My sponsoring club said interviews for selection are in July-August. o_O

macrazy

HSC
Congrats! What did the e-mail say? My sponsoring club said interviews for selection are in July-August. o_O
congrats to you too! the email basically just said that interviews are in the last week of july and gave us some sample questions so we can know what to expect (which was good for me because my local club didn't hold interviews). If you want I can find the questions for you :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Edit sorry my bad wrong forum

Last edited:

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
congrats to you too! the email basically just said that interviews are in the last week of july and gave us some sample questions so we can know what to expect (which was good for me because my local club didn't hold interviews). If you want I can find the questions for you :)

Yeah, sure, if you can :)

macrazy

HSC

Here you go :) I hope you can read them, I had to screenshot it sorry..

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Oh hey guys! When are your interviews? Mines on the 26th of july

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Omg pls let me know how you all do! :)

I'm an ex Perth session '12 and I did NYSF Internationals as well :)
LHS! I was gonna message you, do you have any tips for the interview ?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
LHS! I was gonna message you, do you have any tips for the interview ?

I'd say with the interview, when they ask you about the future, make sure you sound definite (even if you really aren't, just assert confiedence all the way through) and have it planned out. Link in how NYSF will help you in this future endeavour/what you will get out of it.

They may ask questions like; "Which science invention should never have been invented?"

They will ask for a 2 minute impromptu speech as a heads up.

Also, make sure you peruse the current affairs the week before your interview and know about at least two scientists (preferably one from your area of interest and maybe another).

It's a 3 panel, so remember you can take a little pause between answering each question because they will come rapidly, so don't get flustered :)

Oh and make sure you know a little about Rotary, the Rotarian on the panel always loves it when you know what Rotary actually is.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I'd say with the interview, when they ask you about the future, make sure you sound definite (even if you really aren't, just assert confiedence all the way through) and have it planned out. Link in how NYSF will help you in this future endeavour/what you will get out of it.

They may ask questions like; "Which science invention should never have been invented?"

They will ask for a 2 minute impromptu speech as a heads up.

Also, make sure you peruse the current affairs the week before your interview and know about at least two scientists (preferably one from your area of interest and maybe another).

It's a 3 panel, so remember you can take a little pause between answering each question because they will come rapidly, so don't get flustered :)

Oh and make sure you know a little about Rotary, the Rotarian on the panel always loves it when you know what Rotary actually is.
That's the structure I had last year for my interview but I've been told by people that some districts have really changed it up and theres a group task that you have to do now and some other changes.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Just had my interview! It was OK - the people were very nice and it went smoothly. Just a few questions I think I could have expanded on, and I had a very small memory blank with a scientist's name, but otherwise all good! It went for around 30 minutes :).

macrazy

HSC
Just had my interview! It was OK - the people were very nice and it went smoothly. Just a few questions I think I could have expanded on, and I had a very small memory blank with a scientist's name, but otherwise all good! It went for around 30 minutes :).
Yay, I hope you get in :) my interview isn't until next weekend, I'm getting a bit nervous about it now but hopefully it goes well..

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Oh that's great!!!! Good luck in getting in, I'm sure it'll happen :D
Did they ask you to do an impromptu?

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Yay, I hope you get in :) my interview isn't until next weekend, I'm getting a bit nervous about it now but hopefully it goes well..
Mines next weekend too! Maybe I'll see you there :)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Without sounding like a creeper, where's your interview? Any chance of walcha?
Mines at UNSW Kensington campus! How about you ??

macrazy

HSC
Mines at UNSW Kensington campus! How about you ??

Haha mines at the public school in walcha - you've probably never heard of that place, it's tiny... and very cold - perks of being from a rural area :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)