I'm doing:
- Eng Adv
- Eng Ext
- Maths
- Maths 3u
- Modern
- Chem
- Jap

I was hoping to drop Chem, since i was away for a whole syllabus + i don't like it that much thus i only got around 48% for yearlies. However, when i asked the head maths teacher if i could pick up 4u maths, he said it wasn't recommended ><''. I'm kinda stuck on what i should do, another option was Ext History, but apparently it's extremely hard, and i'm only getting high Bs and low As for English. I wanted 11 units for year 12, but now i'm not so sure ><Advice? :)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Drop chem then.

Doesn't matter whether it's "recommended" or not. Pick up 4u or Ext History, whichever one you like best.

matchalolz

HSC
how confident are you in your maths abilities? if you have a solid understanding of the 3u stuff and haven't failed (under 50%) a maths test you should just go for it and ignore the teacher imo

take history extension if you can manage long term projects. also, what about jap extension/eng ext 2?

and do you need 11 units? you could just drop chem and have 10 units if you can't pick anything up

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Pick up extension history and probably drop chemistry if you really hate it.

dinomyte

HSC
Why doesn't he recommend 4u? If you're doing well and you enjoy maths then why not. But ultimately it comes down to your preferences. Chem is probably the best option to drop by the sound of it. I'm doing Eng Adv + Ext, 3U + 4U maths, Modern and Jap which is almost the same as what you're considering. I can tell you that it is a very diverse range of subject areas and not a common combination that students do. But it is fun and I think all my subjects are really rewarding. I think a benefit from this combination is that I can "switch" off areas of my brain when I study different subjects - as in I could be thinking really long and hard and analytically for Eng Ext but once I start Jap I relax a lot more as it doesn't have as much heavy thinking - it's kind of like my "cool-down" subject haha.

I also mostly got high Bs and low As for English in Year 11 but now I'm starting to get some full marks in my assessments. This really comes down to how much you can dedicate yourself to improving, not just for English but for any subject. I say that if you're interested in the subject and you're genuinely looking to improve yourself, you can do it if you actually apply yourself to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)