Gotta do n awards by monday or i get kicked out (1 Viewer)

Blake Henderson

HSC
So i gotta do 3 chemistry n awards one english two modern and one drama by monday and i can still fail? Prinicipal reading my appeal i made to not n determine me. If i fail chemistry will i be unable to proceed to year 12 from not using dilligence in classes and not doing assignments etc even tho im dropping it next term? My teachers know i can do well when i apply myself and im getting average marks compared to others in my year?

What chances do i have and be HONEST

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If the principal doesn't sign off on 12 units for Year 11 then you won't have completed the Preliminary course and will have to redo enough Preliminary units to meet that criteria in order to then be eligible for the HSC.

You have to complete 12 units in Year 11 and that is non-negotiable.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
If you really did want to stay in school and want to do well then you should have avoided getting N Awards

Your number of N Awards goes to show how you don't give a shit about school

So like fais said you might as well drop out

Unless over this weekend you do something incredible to compensate for all those N awards like completing all of the assignments, doing all the homework, etc, and showing your teachers .

^ If you do choose to redeem yourself make sure that it's all your own work and not the work of others

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
Just compete those n awards to the best of your ability and really express your regrets for not doing the work earlier. If you show you've changed your attitude then they just might let you move onto year 12. I received one N award for biology this year (fking cancerous subject) for not handing in an assignment cos I was already in the process of dropping but I still copped a lot of shit for it from various teachers, and I still had to hand it in at a later date. So I can imagine the enormous disappointment your teachers have towards you in accumulating not one, not two, but SEVEN N awards. Idk what your chances are exactly but try maximising them by applying yourself diligently from now on, and don't repeat your prelim mistakes!

Last edited:

Evertone

HSC
If your school has confirmed to you that you have failed year 11 Chemistry and there is no way of not failing it, then yes... you can't go to year 12. And that means you can't go to year 12. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it - unless you figure out how to hypnotise every single teacher at your school, person in your grade and staff from the Board of Studies who see your application into believing you haven't.

The minimum amount of units you can do in year 11 is 12 and in the HSC, 10. You have to do the "extra" 2 units in year 11 no matter how sure you are about dropping it.

If you take school off tomorrow and work on all of your assignments for 36 hours (12 hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday... 9am to 9pm), and you hand them all in on Monday (which includes your Chemistry as well), then I think you have a chance of getting into year 12. It isn't about getting a mark for all of them, but proving you have demonstrated the 'outcomes'.

Why you have so many N awards I will never know, but whatever the issue, I hope it gets sorted out. Your spelling hardly matches that of a washout and as you said, it appears you aren't doing that bad - indeed, you're 'average'.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If your school has confirmed to you that you have failed year 11 Chemistry and there is no way of not failing it, then yes... you can't go to year 12. And that means you can't go to year 12. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it - unless you figure out how to hypnotise every single teacher at your school, person in your grade and staff from the Board of Studies who see your application into believing you haven't.

The minimum amount of units you can do in year 11 is 12 and in the HSC, 10. You have to do the "extra" 2 units in year 11 no matter how sure you are about dropping it.

If you take school off tomorrow and work on all of your assignments for 36 hours (12 hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday... 9am to 9pm), and you hand them all in on Monday (which includes your Chemistry as well), then I think you have a chance of getting into year 12. It isn't about getting a mark for all of them, but proving you have demonstrated the 'outcomes'.

Why you have so many N awards I will never know, but whatever the issue, I hope it gets sorted out. Your spelling hardly matches that of a washout and as you said, it appears you aren't doing that bad - indeed, you're 'average'.

Seems like good advice...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)