Studies Periods! (1 Viewer)

Swagiel_

HSC
Do you get study periods in year 11?
Apparently some people have study periods in my year, but do I get them to?

DLMisme

HSC
It depends on what subjects you're doing and how your school organises timetables. I only had 2 in Year 11, while some people had none and others had like 6.

Swagiel_

HSC
How do you usually know that you have time though?
And what subjects get these study periods?

Ambility

HSC
I got two study periods in my fortnightly timetable.

And what subjects get these study periods?
Certain subjects don't guarantee study periods. You get more of them if you do less subjects / subjects that don't require many periods. I did 13 units this year which is why I only have two, but if you were to do less you would probably get more study periods. I believe each two unit subject is equivalent to 9 periods a fortnight (correct me if I'm wrong).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you get study periods in year 11?
Apparently some people have study periods in my year, but do I get them to?
Depends on the amount of units you are doing and how the school organises the timetable.Personally at the school I attended if you did less then 14 units you had free periods.

piethepker

HSC
N/A
I really wish I had studies :( i feel so left out
F*ckin oath! MCNS wtf

For whatever reason, I have adv eng, bio, eco and mathematics 9 times a fortnight, and chem 8 times. Thus meaning I have no free periods.

I feel like I would probably be one of the people who actually put them to good use too haha

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Study periods are amazing, but I have to share them with the trash of Year 12 - so I just hear them talking about not being sober and rating girls.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Certain subjects don't guarantee study periods. You get more of them if you do less subjects / subjects that don't require many periods. I did 13 units this year which is why I only have two, but if you were to do less you would probably get more study periods. I believe each two unit subject is equivalent to 9 periods a fortnight (correct me if I'm wrong).
every school is different in the way that the periods are organised, so for example in my school 4/5 periods are 1h5min, and then the other is 1h15min or something. It is difficult to say whether you will get get study periods, just by choosing certain subjects. But i think that every 2 unit subject is something like 120 school hours per year. For me, I have 7 periods per fortnight per 2 unit subject.

you would know when you have these study periods on your timetable. They are just blank spaces....

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Our teachers tried to force us to study in the "study periods" did not work out so well. lolol

blackbird_14

HSC
I got two study periods in my fortnightly timetable.

Every school is different as said above. I'm doing 13 units too but I have no study periods at all. :(

Sometimes though, if you're enrolled in a course that has fewer people (like 9) but still runs then you might have fewer timetabled periods with a teacher for that subject. It's called "Reduced Face to Face Teaching Allocation". Not all schools have something similar to that, but some do.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Got them at the same time as all the rest of the 3U kids. Which is about 60% of the RIP in Pieces silence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)