Motivation (1 Viewer)

barcyy

HSC
Neeed some advice! I got my 2u mark back and got 76%, was aiming for at least mid to high 80s so not good..

I'm lacking motivation to do any work! I want to get back into the mindset of doing work as i get it and being that student that is aiming to be better than last time.

Any instructive advice is appreciated.

HSC
-Just know that you have the potential for the mark you want
-see what areas have caused most difficulty- go through the working out
-then tackle more questions. Especially in maths where you need to break down the question/ practise

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I bombed out in some of my first assessment tasks of year 11, such as the Mathematics Extension 1 test in which I got less than 50%

I honestly lost all motivation going along with the mentality that "it's the end of world" and "I have no chance of lifting my ranks up"

Then I remember going on BoS one night and reading through some thread when I saw someone who's signature had the quote:

"The hardest part isn't succeeding, it's picking yourself up after a failure"

Once you're able to do the latter then anything is possible

I went on to get 90+ in the next exam :)

So yeah in a way I wanted to prove myself wrong in that the situation I was in was not as bad as I had thought it was

^ I guess this served as my motivation

If this won't work for you then you're gonna have to find some form of motivation

BUT my overall motivation is that I want to make my parents proud. I think of the HSC as a great way to show my appreciation of what they've done for me, the sacrifices they've made (dad came to Australia with $250, and of course had a harsh beginning here) and a way to sort pay them back.

Ambility

HSC
One of the first things you need to do is actively decide how much effort you are going to put in. If you truly want to achieve a 80 or 90 mark in a test, tell yourself that you will do that, and you will tackle anything that stands between you and that mark. If you don't want to put as much effort in, that's also acceptable. It's still respectable to go through life just cruising and not always giving 110%, believe me this is an option, many people do this. So figure out exactly how much effort you want to put in, but whatever you do, don't decide to put in 110% when you know you aren't actually going to. Don't lie to yourself.

Once you are motivated to do your work, a good way to support your motivation is by use of good goal setting.

What is a goal? A typical goal in life might be to make it home in time for dinner. These types of goals are often broken, and therefore the value they hold is lessened. When I study, or when I want to do anything in life, I create what I like to call "super goals". Super goals are always very specific, are extremely achievable and are never broken. Seeing as I have not broken a super goal I have made in the past, they hold great value to me. I know that if I were to ever break a super goal, that value would be ultimately destroyed. Just this afternoon, my super goal was to have my maths homework finished by 7pm, and I got it done, because I made it a super goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)