Will my bad work ethic in year 11 affect my results in year 12? (1 Viewer)

Ethaw

HSC
How transferrable does the content actually happen to be? This is mainly pertaining to business, economics & SOR but idm
I can see that it would be transferrable math but math isn't really a problem since it's general, so I do no work and top the course with 90+.

I've been basically doing just assignments (albeit finishing them at 1AM the night before), with study for tests a week before, additionally doing no homework or copying out my notes once over at home. (didn't get HW, but didn't really try to make any or deduce any from teachers teachings)

PS.
Still within top 8 for every subject, regardless of this, HOWEVER, that's mainly based on assignments, which can be done well easily without any study in the year and I find to be incredibly easy, as opposed to tests.

nancylime

HSC
NOOOO not at all, to quote my beloved maths teacher, at the end of year 11 your results are "thrown out the window". If you ask me it's actually quite a good and healthy option to take year 11 nice and easy, because then you will be ready to absolutely smash year 12. Too many people in my year burnt out in year 11

:detective:

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Year 11 is a time to experiment with study habits and schedules in order to suit your style and see what works for you. You then use those results to transfer into year 12, or to reflect and change mistakes. So based on what you did in year 11, use it as an opportunity as a learning curve to alter your habits in order to optimise your time in year 12. Bad ethics doesn't necessarily have to transfer, it only transfers if you don't do something about it

Ethaw

HSC
Thanks for the advice all. I am going to do everything in my power to correct my habits. It just feels a little late and like I've stifled my potential but I guess we'll see and I guess I'll do a metric ton of stuff over the holidays.

vitamin D

HSC
Year 11 is a time to experiment with study habits and schedules in order to suit your style and see what works for you. You then use those results to transfer into year 12, or to reflect and change mistakes. So based on what you did in year 11, use it as an opportunity as a learning curve to alter your habits in order to optimise your time in year 12. Bad ethics doesn't necessarily have to transfer, it only transfers if you don't do something about it
^^^ yep

buriza

conviction
HSC
Your results won't carry over of course but it's likely that your studying habits will. I would suggest that you try to get into a consistent habit of studying and revising as well as doing some past papers in Year 12. I suppose it really depends on you individually, however you may get behind in Year 12 because comparatively (or at least in my opinion), Year 11 was simpler.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Business Studies; I didn't find not really knowing the preliminary content to have any impact at all in year 12.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Fuck up, make mistakes, be complacent and use Year 11 to test out what happens when you have bad habits. So you learn from it when reflecting over your Year 11, so that it won't happen in Year 12.

Xantaclause234

HSC
N/A
How transferrable does the content actually happen to be? This is mainly pertaining to business, economics & SOR but idm
I can see that it would be transferrable math but math isn't really a problem since it's general, so I do no work and top the course with 90+.

I've been basically doing just assignments (albeit finishing them at 1AM the night before), with study for tests a week before, additionally doing no homework or copying out my notes once over at home. (didn't get HW, but didn't really try to make any or deduce any from teachers teachings)

PS.
Still within top 8 for every subject, regardless of this, HOWEVER, that's mainly based on assignments, which can be done well easily without any study in the year and I find to be incredibly easy, as opposed to tests.
I don't recall you being in the top 8 for SOR, advanced english, modern and economics.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
In my opinion yes because once you have developed those bad habits, they are difficult to change. I already have bad habits myself and I find them very hard to change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)