I cant breathe (1 Viewer)

Yolos0n

HSC
N/A
I am currently halfway through my preliminary exams for end of year 11 and so-far ive managed to fuck up all 3 tests.

The first English advanced test went ok despite the fact that i barely managed to write enough for my creative essay but overall id say that ive fucked it (possibly near flunking)

The second test was chemistry and due to me having the shittest chemistry teacher (who barely teaches), i went into the test with only syllabus notes and to my *surprise* a majority of the chemistry questions were based on practicals and etc and hence i feel like i deadset flunked it

The next test that i did was physics and by the time the test ended, i didnt check any of my working outs and still had like a page of questions i did not attempt yet. I can confidently say that ive almost certainly lost at least 15 marks (at best) out of the 75marks in total. Also a couple of my friends and others seem to have found the physics test easy and had "plenty of time for banter" after checking their workings.

Before all three tests, i came into it prepared with both prewritten responses for english, syllabus notes (that i made myself) for every dot point in chemistry and likewise syllabus notes for physics. Despite ranking 7th for chemistry for the half semester, and 5th for physics ive finally realised how fucked i am and how dramatically my rank is going to drop. I guess the reason why i am writing this is to get it out of my system so i can concentrate on the next few preliminaries i have and to ask for guidance or past experiences from people who didnt do so well in year 11 preliminaries but still managed to do well in the HSC.

I have not yet finished all of my preliminaries or received any of my marks back for the aforementioned tests but the gut feeling that i flunked all of them is killing me and its making me lose hope for the actual year 12 HSC in the coming term. If any true inspirational stories or past experiences could be shared, that would be greatly appreciated and hopefully not only help me but also others yet to step in my shoes

-TN

Raymondo

HSC
Want some motivation?

Everything prior to Year 12 means absolute jack shit. I couldn't give a flying fuck about highschool from Year 7-11.
I got sub 55% in Maths, fucked up all English assessments and straight out cheated for my other electives, whatever.
Just get your shit together for the upcoming term. Study hard for the HSC and kill it.

What feels worse? Doing great from Year 7-11 and end up burning out during the final year, or fucking up Prelims and making a massive comeback for the HSC?

I haven't finished externals, but I was ranked 126/129 in Advanced English at one point during the HSC. I lost all motivation for the subject, but what other option do you have? Work harder and harder, spend tedious hours just sitting there writing some rote learned bullshit. It doesn't matter, but you just keep pusing on. It's not a pretty rank, but after trials, I ended up with rank 34.

So work harder and shit will pay off, just don't be lazy

lohtus

HSC
N/A
Hey I have done the exact same thing as you. At the beginning of year 11 I was doing extremely well but when exams came I completely screwed up. Yesterday I started crying in front of my school's head of English and her whole class because I just screwed everything up. All of my teachers are disappointed with my marks but they told me that they know I have the potential and work ethic to do better. Even though I screwed up and am so disappointed and am feeling extremely depressed about it I guess in some way it can help me for year 12 because i have the motivation to get the best atar I can. Please look after yourself. Year 11 doesn't count, it can just be a learning experience and next term will be a new start. Make sure you have regular exam breaks and talk to someone if you feel like its too much. You're not alone, in my exam week I cried basically everyday because it was just so stressful for me and I had expectations to do well. Try not to think about the exams you screwed up and just focus on getting though the exams. One of my teachers said that she had these students who screwed up their prelim exams and they went on to do much better in hsc because they know the feeling of failing and being unprepared and never wanted to experience it again and so they worked harder and dealt with stress better. I hope you feel better and best of luck with your exams. If you need anything else feel free to talk to me.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Create your own motivational story-have faith in yourself-year 12 will be a chance to start afresh-but you must understand why you fell below your expectations-and you must always remember to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again:)-never give up and always try your best and never repeat your mistakes! All the best of luck:)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Okay.

Now. BOSTES says Year 11 contributes NOTHING to the HSC. Why are you stressing?

Just learn from your mistakes and make sure they are minimised or never happen in Year 12. I know dismissing people's problems can be a little heartless and a little mean, but I think you're expanding something into a problem, when it shouldn't be and isn't.

turntaker

HSC
I messed up my trials. calm down.

sourmilk

HSC
Okay.

Now. BOSTES says Year 11 contributes NOTHING to the HSC. Why are you stressing?

Just learn from your mistakes and make sure they are minimised or never happen in Year 12. I know dismissing people's problems can be a little heartless and a little mean, but I think you're expanding something into a problem, when it shouldn't be and isn't.
I know a lot of students who treated prelims as an indicator on how they will do next year, or what subject to drop etc etc. It's already well-known that prelims doesn't contribute to the HSC but for those who do poorly could feel incredibly apprehensive due to the fact they feel unprepared or feel like because they can't do prelims well, they won't be about to do HSC well.

OP, I know exactly how you feel and it's OK. As cynical as it may sound, try and channel your anxiety as a new motivation which will soon give you an awesome work ethic, like me :D

AppleTea

HSC
I know a lot of students who treated prelims as an indicator on how they will do next year, or what subject to drop etc etc. It's already well-known that prelims doesn't contribute to the HSC but for those who do poorly could feel incredibly apprehensive due to the fact they feel unprepared or feel like because they can't do prelims well, they won't be about to do HSC well.

OP, I know exactly how you feel and it's OK. As cynical as it may sound, try and channel your anxiety as a new motivation which will soon give you an awesome work ethic, like me :D
Stop lying, anyone who is signed up to bos has a terrible work ethic rather than study you go to bos. i know u :)

MilkyCat_

HSC
If you can't breathe you should probably seek medical attention xx

Flop21

HSC
OP, take a nice deep breath. Sit down, and try to realise that year 11 means very little. I don't even remember sitting my prelims. Save all that worry for year 12 (don't worry too much, if you over worry you'll wreck yourself).

I'm going to guess that you not being able to breath is most likely just anxiety. Concentrate on breathing regularly, not too fast, not too slow.

If it makes you feel better, I went in and out of trials thinking I'd fucked them up totally. And you know what? I actually went okay (especially for not being prepared at all), and my ranks primarily stayed exactly the same. So maybe the same will happen for you. But if it doesn't, who cares it doesn't matter anyway. Don't burn yourself out when you've got year 12 next term.

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A
What a click bait...

You're saying you can't breath for not doing well in a few prelim exams?? Either go to a doctor, get your respiratory system checked out, or man up.

Good luck with dealing with this kind of pressure in the HSC/Uni..

You should try changing attitude and realise that nothing is the end all be all. Everyone experiences nervousness and failure. Its how you get back up that counts (shout out to Muhummad Ali)...

Last edited:

Yolos0n

HSC
N/A
Hi im back once again after completing my HSC. Looking back at the post i made a year ago about my preliminary struggles really amuzes me, and In the end i didnt even do that bad ahaha...

My HSC results are coming out 2moro and then ATARs released shortly the day after so yeah... best of luck to me.

I hope my story can become an inspirational story for those to come <3

-TN

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi im back once again after completing my HSC. Looking back at the post i made a year ago about my preliminary struggles really amuzes me, and In the end i didnt even do that bad ahaha...

My HSC results are coming out 2moro and then ATARs released shortly the day after so yeah... best of luck to me.

I hope my story can become an inspirational story for those to come <3

-TN
Prelim isn't an indicator of year 12 so good job getting over the stress, hard work in year 12 pays off.

Yolos0n

HSC
N/A
Ayyyyyy so i got my HSC results today and i have to say that im absolutely stoked with the estimated ATAR of 96 haha. This HSC journey has been one hell of a train-wreck in my opinion but it seems that in the end, hard work and persistence does pay off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)