How do you organise your study time for prelim? (1 Viewer)

HSC
How do you organise your time? I am so exhausted from so much work. Can someone please tell me how to organise my time for each subject? Like how many hours for each subject per day.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
When you get home do all your homework straight away and once that's done get onto studying. If there is a concept you don't understand, google it and read information from multiple sources or watch youtube videos

HSC
When you get home do all your homework straight away and once that's done get onto studying. If there is a concept you don't understand, google it and read information from multiple sources or watch youtube videos
But I am so tired when I arrive home :cry:

calamebe

HSC
Not everybody has to do things the same way, if homework first doesn't work for you, maybe try what I do, that being eat then sleep. When I get home, I take all the books out of my bag, put them on my bed in order of importance, and when I am done eating I do my homework. Obviously Maths takes priority for me, but for you just do whatever is hardest/due first. Again, find something that works for you.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I didn't really do this for prelim because ceebs and I didn't really 'study' during it lol
However, how I approach studying in the HSC would still basically apply regardless but yeah

A critical thing is to work out when you work the best and most efficiently. This varies from person to person; I know someone who studies from like 4:30am in the morning and then goes to school (to compensate she sleeps really early). I work incredibly well after 10pm, its just when I get shit done like I'd say I'm atleast 2-3x as productive. Try out different times, and you'll probably notice how much more productive you are at certain times of the day.

Once you've established when you can really hit your groove, you basically rearrange your day around that. I don't really jive with really structured timetable-esque studying (heaps of people do though so whatever works for you), so typically I just do whatever I feel like doing when I feel like doing it. Just make sure that the majority of the time, whatever it is you're doing is legitimately useful to you.

I keep myself honest with a data bar I've created for each of my subjects based on my next big goal. For example with Half-Yearlies coming up, I have a bar for each subject illustrating the percentage I feel I'm ready for that Half-Yearly assessment, with 100% being I'm ready to obliterate the exam. By doing this, I can see whether I'm lagging in something and pull it up.

Now, I like to think of time as a resource. You need to distribute it in such a way that is most effective for you in meeting whatever you're goals are. For example, you need to sleep sufficient hours, you need to allocate time to just chill otherwise you will explode. Think of it as an investment in yourself. You need time to study, and any other commitments you might have.

You said that you are really tired after you come home from school - so am I. So generally speaking, if I feel that I'm not going to be very productive if I try and work now, I invest the time somewhere I will get a better return; namely sleep. This works well for me, because if I nap for 2-3 hours when I get home, I can stay up later without it really effecting how I feel or perform. This means that I can spend a longer time working in my 'zone' time after 10pm, and so I get more done.

Basically, just make use of your time however it is best spent. This requires responsibility and maturity on your part - you need to hold yourself accountable. If that means sleep then sleep. If that means homework, then do homework. Keep in mind that it would be prudent not to waste the time when you are best working on something menial like basic mathematics. It's still important practice, but you don't need your 100% to do it. Instead do past papers, or difficult questions, or writing notes and understanding conceptual information.

If you need that structured time distribution to work efficiently, then I would recommend a study time table, something like WrittenLoveLetters's would be very effective imo

Yes I do follow it.
Yes there are times where dinner and family stuff disrupt it - I just merely find the time I'm at and continue from there.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Ultimately, all subjects should be getting about the same amount of attention.

As rude as it sounds, I feel like you have an excessive amount of work because you are either:
1. Not completing the work in class
2. Actually procrastinating and having an accumulating workload
3. Or fuck, I'm wrong and your teachers assign you that much work

But if anything, prior to organising yourself, you need to identify any reason why you feel exhausted and why you have such a large workload. I say this because personally, the only homework that is pressuring me to stay updated is Maths and English (my fucking English teacher somehow makes so much homework where I got four pieces of writing in a double).

(I would also like to know what subjects you do so I can put a more detailed)

- Assignments were ALWAYS top priority; always be ready to sacrifice homework for it
- Used lunch times to try complete some work at the library, mainly small pieces of homework is best
- I used the 50/10 method which actually made me finish a lot of work; this method is doing work for 50 mins and having a 10 min break
- Took a sticky note and wrote out the THREE most important tasks that I MUST finish before I can go freelance and do whatever
- Cutting down your homework questions by being selective (instead of doing the whole Maths exercise, only do every second question or skim through and look for unique and harder questions)
- Stayed at home and used my whole weekend 8AM - 12AM catching up on as much work (but having bigger break intervals where I could watch an anime episode here and there)

It's Year 11, don't stress yourself over being unorganised and having a lot of work to do, but try to figure out a routine that works for you because it's a great time to make mistakes to fix them prior to HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)