What would you rate my Senior Subject Workload for Year 11? (1 Viewer)

r4id3r

HSC
Hi BOS, first time poster here.
I'm just wondering what you guys would rate the difficulty of coping with/being able to manage the subjects I've chosen (judging by personal experience) and maybe some tips on how to best go about making the most of out them.
TOTAL: 13 Units
Adv Eng 2U
Ext Eng 1U
Adv Maths 2U
Ancient History 2U
Biology 2U
Chemistry 2U
Drama 2U
Thanks!

calamebe

HSC
Most people are around that 12/13 unit mark, so I reckon you'll be fine if you put in the effort. I also think Drama has quite a bit less work than the other subjects (at least at my school), and so could make your life much easier.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I hear that extension 1 english is a heavy workload for a 1 unit subject

cookie_dough

HSC
N/A
English ext 1 is a massive workload! the teachers wont help much so you have to spend as much time on it as a 2U subject (or more)

Orwell

HSC
As opposed to other extension subjects, which are usually additions onto a particular subject, English Extension 1 can be considered to be a whole new course, and so yes, it is demanding.

Kolmias

HSC
Most people are around that 12/13 unit mark, so I reckon you'll be fine if you put in the effort. I also think Drama has quite a bit less work than the other subjects (at least at my school), and so could make your life much easier.
Keep in mind that it scales worse then your other subjects so I wouldn't exactly be coasting along in it.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
As opposed to other extension subjects, which are usually additions onto a particular subject, English Extension 1 can be considered to be a whole new course, and so yes, it is demanding.
How? You learn 1 genre for the whole year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)