Is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
So there is a Europe trip as part of school coming up at the end of the term and it goes for 3 weeks (so during the holidays) and as soon as we come back 4 days after the exam block starts. I am just concerned about my exams for phys,chem,and maths ext... I also have anaphylaxis as well so food is going to be an extreme priority as we'll be going to Germany, Rome, France and Belgium. What happens if I get sick ....

Is it worth going?

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I would recommend you get travel insurance, and insure medical care such as for anaphylaxis.

Ensure you know words relating to your anaphylaxis in each of the languages of the countries you are visiting, i.e what you are allergic to, and what will happen to you.

I would go as it may be a once in the lifetime opportunity to experience different cultures, and although preliminary is fairly important, this should be valuable to you too.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Highly recommended. IMO this is the only time of your life that you'll be able to travel to another country without really have to do any planning and unlike travelling with your peers/friends alone, school pretty much forces everyone to agree on places to visit so none of your friends get 'ceebs' (saves a lot of headache planning around for those kind of people - trust me). Honestly, i didn't get to attend the Europe trip when it was offered to majority of student (not just history) and i regretted because mine was about 5k and you got to travel AROUND Europe - you get a ticket for a fifth of that price ! While preliminary is important for that step into HSCs you really only get to travel overseas a handful of times in your life.

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
I am just scared that I will fail my exams because all my holidays is basically gone. Then week 1 term 2 i'm sitting exams, but I have never been overseas before. I am studying now, but I don't know If I will manage to finish everything with so many assessments and tutoring work to do

axwe7

HSC
N/A
Loool... How much does it cost?

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I am just scared that I will fail my exams because all my holidays is basically gone. Then week 1 term 2 i'm sitting exams, but I have never been overseas before. I am studying now, but I don't know If I will manage to finish everything with so many assessments and tutoring work to do
Look, tbh it's prelim and doesn't really matter that much
You'll be fine, like trust me - if you don't do this because you think you'll fall behind on work you will legit regret it in year 12 when you realise that prelim wasa meaningless

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
I can say I tried, but they checked for me and there are no more spaces available. 31 people got prioritised because half a yr 12's and the rest are doing va, and HSIE Subjects

Shuuya

HSC
Look, tbh it's prelim and doesn't really matter that much
You'll be fine, like trust me - if you don't do this because you think you'll fall behind on work you will legit regret it in year 12 when you realise that prelim wasa meaningless
^ Agreed.

I think that you'll regret it if you don't take this opportunity, so forget about exams! :) I used to get annoyed when people said that prelim doesn't matter, but in all honesty it doesn't matter if you don't get marks as well as you might like to. Prelim is pretty much the year to work out what studying habits work for you, and which subjects you want to keep.

Shuuya

HSC
I can say I tried, but they checked for me and there are no more spaces available. 31 people got prioritised because half a yr 12's and the rest are doing va, and HSIE Subjects
Oh damn :'( Wait they're letting year 12s go? :O

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I know if I was in yr 12 there would be no way I would go

Shuuya

HSC
Yeah, I know if I was in yr 12 there would be no way I would go
At our school they don't let year 12s go on exchange so my year is missing out on going to Japan :'( But yeah haha I wouldn't go either

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Prioritise your stuff. Honestly from what you're saying- I was exactly like you in HSC, I worried about the future too much because there would be all these assignments that would come up and I was afraid that it was crippling. Best advice: don't worry whats going to happen in the future e.g. HSC year and just focus on today. Really empathise because i know how stressful the HSC can get and a lot of uni students play it off as nothing. If you're ever scared about anything or unsure just pm me, im happy to answer any questions you might have.

MsParadox

HSC
Wait a minute... Where do you study? Because there is going be a tour for Europe next year in my school as well... Or, is that tour thing normal here (normal here in Australia, sorry, I'm just a noob International Student :p). Hmmm, I suppose it is worth if you do subjects like Modern History, Society and Culture, Visual Arts (my case), or even Ancient Hist. and Legal Studies. Sorry, I probably didn't help you D:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Wait a minute... Where do you study? Because there is going be a tour for Europe next year in my school as well... Or, is that tour thing normal here (normal here in Australia, sorry, I'm just a noob International Student :p). Hmmm, I suppose it is worth if you do subjects like Modern History, Society and Culture, Visual Arts (my case), or even Ancient Hist. and Legal Studies. Sorry, I probably didn't help you D:
A lot of schools do the history tour to Europe
they stopped doing it at my school because it was too expensive for teachers ahahaha
nobody wants to go to the same holiday twice, and have to pay for it

out of curiosity, where are you from?

MsParadox

HSC
A lot of schools do the history tour to Europe
they stopped doing it at my school because it was too expensive for teachers ahahaha
nobody wants to go to the same holiday twice, and have to pay for it

out of curiosity, where are you from?
Oh, I see then. Sorry if it looks like I am creepy or something, it was a genuine question. It is indeed expensive, I would love to go but I don't think it is possible right now ): Did you wanted to go? It is really worth it? I am from Brazil. I have been here for 4-5 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)