Going Ahead on Work (1 Viewer)

KaoticKreature

HSC
Hey guys, just a quick background, I'm a Year 11 student currently doing MX1, Adv. English, Physics, Chem, Bio.

Recently, I've noticed that (especially in my Chem class) a few people in my class are going ahead, some with tutoring and some by themselves. Now, I really wanted to do this, and started off in the last few days, using Khan Academy as a major learning platform.

But here's the thing. Our Chem teacher was telling us that we shouldn't go ahead. She's saying that if you go ahead, you will gain misconceptions while learning, and these misconceptions are irreversible.

The main reason I wanted to go ahead is so that I can have a basic understanding of the concepts before we learn it in class, and consolidate it in class.

I have a few questions though.
1. Is Khan Academy good enough? Is it reliable in it's information?
2. Is it smart to be going ahead? Will going ahead be beneficial?
3. If I shouldn't be going ahead, what can I do to get a step up?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, just a quick background, I'm a Year 11 student currently doing MX1, Adv. English, Physics, Chem, Bio.

Recently, I've noticed that (especially in my Chem class) a few people in my class are going ahead, some with tutoring and some by themselves. Now, I really wanted to do this, and started off in the last few days, using Khan Academy as a major learning platform.

But here's the thing. Our Chem teacher was telling us that we shouldn't go ahead. She's saying that if you go ahead, you will gain misconceptions while learning, and these misconceptions are irreversible.

The main reason I wanted to go ahead is so that I can have a basic understanding of the concepts before we learn it in class, and consolidate it in class.

1. Khan Academy is okay but I think it's more catered to the American curriculum. My physics teacher used a video in class once
2. Yes going ahead is beneficial. That's what I was planning as well but I am currently falling behind therefore that's not going to happen anytime sooner
3. Revise your work constantly and do your outside the syllabus research. Also asking "why"?

If you really wanna get ahead of yourself, then I think the best solution to you is a tutor as they seem to be the most reliable IMO

Good luck :)

si2136

HSC
N/A

1. Definitely it is good, but it's based off the American Education System. Reliable, but you learn different things at different times. For example, Precalc Conic Sections Vs Australian's 4U Conic Sections

2. Definitely!
3. Revision and note taking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)