So I'm in year 10 and I will need to pick subjects for year 11 soon
I have aready picked the following:

English Advanced
Math advanced
pdhpe
biology
Studies of religion 1 unit
Sport leisure recreation 1 unit

So I need one more subject to make 12 unit. I was thinking maybe geography, chemistry or economics. Any recommendations to which one of these are the best and what I should do
Thanks

si2136

HSC
N/A
What career path would you like to pursue?

the_matrix

HSC
Do something that might help you with your future career or tertiary studies or something you enjoy. I'll give you a brief run down of some 2 unit subjects that I do:

Physics: The Y11 course is pretty plain but not so hard to comprehend. The Y12 course is interesting but quite hard to grasp conceptually at times, especially when you have a bad teacher. The workload is not great, its more about you understanding the concepts and applying it rather than memorising and brain dumping.

Chemistry: I personally find the Y11 course more enjoyable than the Y12 course, reason being that the Y12 course can become quite content heavy at times and the fact that I was never that good at chem. The experiments are more fun however (e.g. titration :D)

IPT: this is pretty much a super easy version of an IT or Information Systems degree with very small aspects of computer science. I enjoy it because I understand it quite well. The workload is decent - you memorise concepts and apply them (rather than regurgitate them back in exams). However, the projects take longer than any subject that I've ever studied. (I spent like 20 hours on one project from memory)

jjuunnee

HSC
Choose a subject that you can do well in, interests you, and is beneficial for whatever you want to do in the future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)