How can I get some advantages from the school holidays (1 Viewer)

haony98

HSC
So I can't wait to finish this term, I will go overseas in this holidays and I'm so excited about it coz it's very boring here lol. Anyway, I want to do some studying and be ahead of my class , so I want some advices about how to use this holiday and have both fun and studying. I'm doing chem, bio, esl, ancient history, general maths, multimedia. How can I manage my time and finish at least a whole topic from each subject in 2 weeks? Has anyone did this in the past in year 11 or 12?

Thnx :D

si2136

HSC
N/A
So I can't wait to finish this term, I will go overseas in this holidays and I'm so excited about it coz it's very boring here lol. Anyway, I want to do some studying and be ahead of my class , so I want some advices about how to use this holiday and have both fun and studying. I'm doing chem, bio, esl, ancient history, general maths, multimedia. How can I manage my time and finish at least a whole topic from each subject in 2 weeks? Has anyone did this in the past in year 11 or 12?

Thnx :D
Enjoy your holidays

excellence1

HSC
I've never tried studying ahead, but year 11 is a practise for year 12 so instead of focusing on all subjects, focus on your weakest/ least strongest subjects, probably around 3, if u are capable u can do more and try to understand that module . Seems impractical to do all subjects in two weeks properly while enjoying your overseas holidays. Remember its ONLY year 11, put in hard work but don't overwork yourself :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
This extract from my senior guide may assist you:

My top tips in having ENJOYABLE AND PRODUCTIVE school holidays in Year 11 and Year 12:

You will be hearing this advice time and time again, and that is, it is not about the quantity of the hours you study, but the quality of your study time-so how much you have understand/learnt from each studying session. The number of hours you study in the upcoming summer holidays will depend on three main factors:

1)whether you are going overseas/travel, and if so, for how long and any other possible tutoring/extracurricular/casual work you may be engaging in over the holidays

2)The main goal of your study during the holidays-whether it is to catch up on content/to revise on content learnt/to learn content ahead of class-although you may well be doing more than one of these at once, just consider one which is your main purpose-and consider how much time you are willing to devote/think will need to be devoted to achieve that purpose-based on your own study efficiency and methods

3)Whether you intend to focus on all of your subjects in the holidays or are intending to focus on only a few

You should strive to achieve the following objectives in your holidays:

1)RELAX:To truly relax after a tiring school term-you should go out with your friends-particularly over the summer holidays where you have a longer period of rest, leave 2-3 days a week to relaxation and fun-do things you enjoy, it is very important to re-energise and re-vitalise yourself so that you are highly motivated for next term, as well as following a consistent study routine because a healthy body will mean a higher capacity to cope with the stresses of senior years-(making sure you have good physical and psychological health is a vital key to achieving your PERSONAL BEST)

2)EVALUATE:To evaluate over your previous term's performance and establish short term and long term goals and strategies on how you could improve, establish more efficient/effective study habits-experiment with new study methods and routine, organize your room/study file/study schedule if you haven't done so-and enforcing regular self-discipline and independent learning in your study.

3)REVISE:To revise over all content learnt(because they will be examined in trials at the end of the year-not just in end of term assessment tasks, so more regular revision is better than revising the whole year's worth of content at the end of the year) and learn new content-preferably at least one term ahead of the school, but make sure you do questions/practice essays/creative to be able to utilise both past and new content effectively-highlight any parts you don't understand to ask the teacher during next term

4)PREPARE:To finish exam preparations for assessments that are established early next term, i.e. perhaps your half-yearlies for English, and to finish assignments due early next term as well as any homework allocated by your teachers.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Learn everything by yourself during the school holidays, do your outside the syllabus research and if your bothered get a part time job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)