Recommended number of units for Y11 (1 Viewer)

Rouz

HSC
I did 13 in year eleven and 14 in year twelve but it was too much. Worked out well for me but I had a hard time coping with everything and to be honest, now I see there was no point.
I'd say max 12 units or 7 subjects (incl. extensions), which is what they all recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I think do as many units as you are allowed to do in year 11.So that you can work out which subjects that you like rather then have regrets about not doing a certain subject.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Yeah I agree with BLIT

Do as many as they will let you - it might be a little overwhelming but no ragrets

calamebe

HSC
I'm doing 14 units, have a couple of hobbies which take up my time each week, and have a fair bit of free time per day, yet I'm coping amazingly right now. I think in year 11 you can do as many as you like.

HSCReady

HSC
Hey there,

I think it depends on what subjects you do. I started with 14 (including both english and maths extensions, physics, chem and bio, and music) but I felt like the workload was way too much (with a job/hobbies etc). So I dropped bio (because I found it the least interesting), and stayed with 12 units. I thought 12 was maybe a little too much as well - but that's considering 3u maths and physics (which didn't start out being my forte). So naturally, in year 12, I dropped chemistry (I found physics the most interesting science), and picked up Ext 2 English (English was my favourite) so I ended up with 11 units. Honestly, I think 10 would have been perfect for year 12, but I figured my back up unit may have been useful.

It just depends how you feel the workload is for you during year 11. Think of it this way, you can always drop a subject, but it's much harder to pick something up. So see how you go and push yourself, but not to the point where your studying/learning becomes counter productive. If you genuinely enjoy a subject, you'll probably be more inclined to want to study for it, so stick with subjects you are both good at, and enjoy.

Good luck with everything! :)

k_2017

HSC
I'm doing 13, however can't wait to drop 2 units for Y12.. remember only your 10 best will count :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)