Need Help With Textbooks (1 Viewer)

ttived

HSC
So I am in the area in between years 10-11. I am currently on exchange and I have a lot of time so I thought I would study for year 11's topics so that the next few years would be easier. The main subjects I wan't to focus on are Biology and Chemistry. I had bought a book without doing any real research beforehand (excel's HSC Biology) but I found that it was mainly used for revision. I would just like to know what kind of textbook would be ideal for me to use to study for Biology and Chemistry. Thanks

prxyal007

HSC
Jacaranda Chemistry/ Conquering Chemistry is pretty good tbh

baktiar77

HSC
Bio- Biology in Focus: by Glenda Chidrawi. I think it's a blue cover for prelim and red for hsc. Only negatives it doesn't have option modules.
Chem- Conquerng Chemistry.

Tbh, there's no reason to get ahead in year 11 prelim bio and chem (other than maybe molars, titration,some of the more practical, hands-on stuff with equations etc.) as there is little or no need for them for hsc course. If you want to get ahead go for hsc books and start of with bio as it's rote-learning + application heavy.

the_matrix

HSC
Conquering Chemistry is quite good, however like most textbooks they contain quite a bit of irrelevant information which you do not need. It comes in a smaller size than A4 so its quite handy for studying (if you're like me and don't like big and heavy books)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)