Procrastination? (1 Viewer)

mollytee

HSC
This is a problem I've been suffering with my whole life. It might seem like I'm exaggerating but I'm really not. Now that I'm in year 11, for some reason I thought I would be able to get over it since I enjoy my subjects a lot more but nothing has changed. I have half yearlies in less than a week and I’ve barely touched anything. The whole holidays is just this constant cycle of wasting days upon days getting nothing done. You might think wtf dude just do it but its not that simple. I find it so hard to get started and my marks end up below average when in reality I can be getting A’s in all my subjects if I was consistent. I’m really afraid that it’s going to continue and have my ATAR suffer in the end. Can anybody please offer me some advice? Thanks.

Orwell

HSC
I fabricate motivation. I take something I want and assume the only way I can get it is via studying.

It's so stupid but it works for me, sorry if it proves redundant in your case but it's the only advice I can give you.

mollytee

HSC
I fabricate motivation. I take something I want and assume the only way I can get it is via studying.

It's so stupid but it works for me, sorry if it proves redundant in your case but it's the only advice I can give you.
It's really not stupid but unfortunately doesn't work for me. Thankyou though.

parad0xica

HSC
N/A
1. Understand a hard worker's mentality i.e. study because you need to, not because you want to.

2. Find the root of your problem. Why do you procrastinate and waste time?

mollytee

HSC
1. Understand a hard worker's mentality i.e. study because you need to, not because you want to.

2. Find the root of your problem. Why do you procrastinate and waste time?
I procastinate because I'm a perfectionist. I'm too worried to actually start my work because I feel like it wont be up to scratch. So I leave it until the very last minute, ruin my anxiety levels and get a shit mark.

I really need to try and implement that mentality.

Orwell

HSC
I procrastinate for the exact same reason. I don't start my work because then my inconsistencies manifest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)