Physics Electricity Prac assessment (1 Viewer)

slabfinder

HSC
Hey
I have a physics assessment coming up next week. it's a practical task on electricity so something to do with circuits...
does anyone have any tips on what to study?
or any tips for during the prac?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
This is pretty vague.

Do you know how to construct physical circuits using wires?

patttyy

HSC
I don't know about you but all I've learnt so far is how to set up resistors in series and parallel, with ammeters and voltmeters. Do that I guess.

slabfinder

HSC
In regards to validity, reliability, accuracy... how do you address this in a circuit you've set up?

patttyy

HSC
My guess would be by doing the theory with V=IR and comparing that to your practical results.

JoshZ7

HSC
I did an electricity assessment just last week. We had to make three circuits, a series, parallel, and mixed and we had to predict their resistances (they all had 3 bulbs in them) then actually measure them and plot it on a graph etc.. This is the first time my teacher has taught physics but he's been a maths teacher for a while. Validity, reliability and accuracy were in mine, my teacher sent this to us after the assessment: validity-and-reliability.jpg Which helped with knowing the diff...resistance equations for parallel and series.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)