How to prepare/organise myself for the yearly's? (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
My yearly's are in week 9 of term 3 so about 10 weeks to go..might seem alot but time flies so I am taking the initiative to start revising/preparing myself now. However whenever I look at my content heavy subjects like bio, pdhpe and legal I just get really overwhelmed by how much work there is and get really anxious and a bit depressed in a way and end up doing nothing. I don't know when to start or how to prepare myself. Can someone help me out?

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Well, if you are going to drop legal for 4U, don't bother studying for it lol

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Well, if you are going to drop legal for 4U, don't bother studying for it lol
Somehow I am coming 2nd for it..no idea how..i think smashed the essays..so why not try a bit and come 1st or maintain 2nd.

WildestDreams

HSC
Yeah bump this actually..

I think if anyone could give worthwhile advice it would be helpful for use Prelim kids :)

Orwell

HSC
I am in the exact same position. I want to do good but then I see Eng Ext 1, Business, Legal and Economics and I panic.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
My yearly's are in week 9 of term 3 so about 10 weeks to go..might seem alot but time flies so I am taking the initiative to start revising/preparing myself now. However whenever I look at my content heavy subjects like bio, pdhpe and legal I just get really overwhelmed by how much work there is and get really anxious and a bit depressed in a way and end up doing nothing. I don't know when to start or how to prepare myself. Can someone help me out?
Don't set yourself too high of a standard. Try to see if you can use what notes/resources are already available, rather than I guess worrying too much about producing your own.

The big thing is to pace yourself between now and then, set small realistic goals and work hard at achieving them within a realistic time-frame.

One tip with biology, the content is generally, not always more important than the practicals column; so focus on completing the content-wise stuff first. Practicals, you are expected to have to do in class anyways.

calamebe

HSC
Well basically I only have experience with finals for prelim maths, but basically all you need to do for maths is past papers. Enough practice will basically guarantee high marks. Physics can be the same depending on how much maths your teacher wants to put into the test. The other subjects are just learning the content, understanding the content and being able to apply your knowledge to new situations (which really in exams doesn't happen much). So basically go over the content once or twice, and then do some past papers to test how well you can use your knowledge in an exam. The great thing about past papers is that they allow you to see what you need to work on and what you don't so you can use your study time efficiently. Also, even though you'd like to come 2nd/1st in Legal, if your ever pressed for time just forget that you're studying the subject; basically the only reason to try in Legal now is to get recognition for coming first;

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
YES! This is exactly how I feel and I just never knew how to explain it. I feel this way about how much I need to retain in maths.

It's also like a lack of organization which makes me feel like there's so much to do!

It's hard to get organized though...

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Don't set yourself too high of a standard. Try to see if you can use what notes/resources are already available, rather than I guess worrying too much about producing your own.

The big thing is to pace yourself between now and then, set small realistic goals and work hard at achieving them within a realistic time-frame.

One tip with biology, the content is generally, not always more important than the practicals column; so focus on completing the content-wise stuff first. Practicals, you are expected to have to do in class anyways.
I've actually never realised how true this is...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)