Tips for Prelims! (1 Viewer)

WildestDreams

HSC
Hey so prelims are coming up in a few short weeks... Was wondering if someone could give any helpful advice, including tips to minimise stress.
Also is it worth making your own notes in prelim?

RyanT7

HSC
I was typing up a whole post, thinking that you were a year 10 student going into year 11.

Dafuq you mean tips for prelims, are you talking about our yearlies or something ?

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I was typing up a whole post, thinking that you were a year 10 student going into year 11.

Dafuq you mean tips for prelims, are you talking about our yearlies or something ?
yes

Shoesta

HSC
I'd highly advise you to write your own notes... Answer the syllabus dot points, and this should create the basis for your notes. Also, I'd recommend completing as many past papers as possible, as well as incorporating the more difficult questions & answers into your notes. Notes should be constantly revised and you should be looking to complete 15 hours of work a week, this includes homework as well as regular study. To minimise stress, I'd recommend regular exercise, a balanced/healthy diet, as well as plenty of sleep. Happy studying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
To be honest this is your best chance to see how much you can control yourself and hit the books. In a couple months time you'll be sitting a very similar exam format and you'll actually have to put in the same, if not more study.

When I was going for my preliminaries everyone around me couldn't really care except for the fact that we were competitive students at heart. Everyone knew that it was just Year 11 and nothing counted but we were so convinced that if we went well in the preliminaries we would keep going well for the rest of Year 12.

Although, I'm not too sure how true that was it definitely encouraged us to study like we never studied before and when year 12 came around we had our strategies down and all we needed to do was learn the content and not worry about how to study.

If you want applicable advice, just get started and learn all your content, just like the comment above make some notes if it helps you consume your course content or simply start doing past paper questions as much as possible. Form a study group of people you trust want to actually study or convince your friends to study.

I know school has already started but you should still have some time before your prelims! Hope this advice helps!

WildestDreams

HSC
To be honest this is your best chance to see how much you can control yourself and hit the books. In a couple months time you'll be sitting a very similar exam format and you'll actually have to put in the same, if not more study.

When I was going for my preliminaries everyone around me couldn't really care except for the fact that we were competitive students at heart. Everyone knew that it was just Year 11 and nothing counted but we were so convinced that if we went well in the preliminaries we would keep going well for the rest of Year 12.

Although, I'm not too sure how true that was it definitely encouraged us to study like we never studied before and when year 12 came around we had our strategies down and all we needed to do was learn the content and not worry about how to study.

If you want applicable advice, just get started and learn all your content, just like the comment above make some notes if it helps you consume your course content or simply start doing past paper questions as much as possible. Form a study group of people you trust want to actually study or convince your friends to study.

I know school has already started but you should still have some time before your prelims! Hope this advice helps!
Thanks, that's some really informative advice! :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Just curious but have any of you guys actually prepared for your yearlies yet?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Well duh I can obviously see that. But what are you trying to imply?
DW
Nah lol not wasting effort on prelim just waiting for year 12.
It's prep for the HSC. Don't waste time in prelim or else you don't get another year for training
Yeah started physics and bio this week
How's study going?
lmao same starting phys this week :D
How long did it take to get in the habit of studying?

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Study going alright I guess..bit worried about maths but I should make it alive.
Aim is to make a comeback and get 1st for pdhpe, bio and physics and legal (maybe).

Simorgh

HSC
Cant be bothered doing this Yr 11 shit anymore. Already given up.

Starting on the Yr 12 stuff now.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Study going alright I guess..bit worried about maths but I should make it alive.
Aim is to make a comeback and get 1st for pdhpe, bio and physics and legal (maybe).
Oh yeah, how's study for english going?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)