Should I do Business Studies or Modern History? (1 Viewer)

iamastar

HSC
Which is better?

Or should I do both since I'm going into Year 11, and drop the one I dislike / not okay with, in Year 12?

P.S: At first I wanted to do 10 units in Year 12, but my mum says it's too "proud" (since if you do 10 units, you have to be certain you're gonna succeed in all of them, since you don't have backups) and encourages me to do 12 units. Is she right? I thought if I do 10 units, I can focus extensively on those four subjects and all will be well ...

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Have a look at the historical performance of previous cohorts in the external HSC exam?

What is your ranks within respective subjects?

You don't appear to be hating both respective subjects, and I believe that dropping subjects just to get less units is not an appropriate reason.

I suggest that you keep both Modern History + Business Studies and re-evaluate in a couple of months.

SudhiTheBoat

HSC
I do Business Studies, it's piss easy in year 11 and then gets exponentially harder in year 12. There's alot of memorising and case study information you need to apply within your essays and reports. There's heck load of information you need to recall, and essay questions always ask for specific things from the syllabus (unlike Eco where you can kind of elaborate cause everything is interlinked).

Doing 10 units has alot more factors. What's your work ethic like, what are your other subjects and are you enjoying the subjects you're doing right now.

I do 10 units, I get a study period that I don't always use effectively. However it does lessen the burden because my subjects aren't as 'difficult' as the ones you might be doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)