Which subject??? (1 Viewer)

chrisx000

HSC
I am in a toss up between picking either
Ancient history or Economics and Biology or Physics

The subjects I am choosing are Math ext1, English ext1, Modern and one from each of the two options.
I know that I should choose subjects I like but scaling is at the back of my mind. I can write pretty well but I am also capable with maths. I don't know whether I want an all consuming content based subject like biology, or to pick a harder subject like physics.

si2136

HSC
N/A
I am in a toss up between picking either
Ancient history or Economics and Biology or Physics

The subjects I am choosing are Math ext1, English ext1, Modern and one from each of the two options.
I know that I should choose subjects I like but scaling is at the back of my mind. I can write pretty well but I am also capable with maths. I don't know whether I want an all consuming content based subject like biology, or to pick a harder subject like physics.
Don't worry too much about scaling

I guess you are more humanities if you're definitely doing Modern and 3U Eng, I suggest Eco and Phys

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
I have heard from many sources that Uni Biology doesnt rely on information learnt in HSC bio so based on that I would choose physics as it is both arguably more interesting and gives greater knowledge to apply later on. Also, economics is great and you already have a history so maybe you could do eco and if you crave more history pick up ext1 (history) in HSC. I agree with Si

chrisx000

HSC
Don't worry too much about scaling

I guess you are more humanities if you're definitely doing Modern and 3U Eng, I suggest Eco and Phys
Do you know anything about the modules for both those subjects??

chrisx000

HSC
I have heard from many sources that Uni Biology doesnt rely on information learnt in HSC bio so based on that I would choose physics as it is both arguably more interesting and gives greater knowledge to apply later on. Also, economics is great and you already have a history so maybe you could do eco and if you crave more history pick up ext1 (history) in HSC. I agree with Si
You seem like you have done the physics course. What topics did you study and how hard do you reckon it was?

si2136

HSC
N/A
You seem like you have done the physics course. What topics did you study and how hard do you reckon it was?
People say you need a lot of Maths in Physics. It doesn't, only basic Trig.

Don't do Physics based on Maths. I did and I regret it. Hence me dropping it.

Physics = Motion, Waves, Electricity etc.

And in year 12, it is basically an addition to the topics

Economics is more macro, so focusing on the whole economy rather than the individual. Learning different markets, some graphs, a lot of concepts to understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)