Feeling bad about marks? (1 Viewer)

tlv6554

HSC
I just got my biology prac exam marks back and i got 73%, the highest was 94%
I was coming fourth but for some reason I knew that i did horrible as soon as I finished the exam.
It was only worth 17% of my total marks but I just feel SOOOOO bad! Like whenever I think about it it just makes my cringe considering I usually always do well and am in the top 5 of most of my subjects.
Does anyone have any tips on how to feel better or any stories that can make me feel better?

jjuunnee

HSC
Have a good cry about it and then move on. You want to use your marks as motivation to do better next time. Go through all the mistakes you made, maybe talk to your teacher about your marks and how you can improve.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I just got my biology prac exam marks back and i got 73%, the highest was 94%
I was coming fourth but for some reason I knew that i did horrible as soon as I finished the exam.
It was only worth 17% of my total marks but I just feel SOOOOO bad! Like whenever I think about it it just makes my cringe considering I usually always do well and am in the top 5 of most of my subjects.
Does anyone have any tips on how to feel better or any stories that can make me feel better?
This happened for me at the start of Year 12, I came first or second in ext 1 maths in preliminaries scoring 99-100% in most of the exams. In year 12 I went into it a little too confident and I got around 75% and that ranked me 30/40 people, I was so embarrassed and I didn't go to school for a couple days after the marks got released just to get over it.

I did technically get over it but the biggest thing I realised was that I was still good at the subject and that was just one big mistake that I made in not studying properly. I made it a point that I wouldn't make the same mistake for the next exams and honestly studied harder than I ever would have given the bad taste of failing like that. I ended up improving up to around 2/40 people before trials and 5/40 after trials (the exam was just solely hard, I don't blame myself for that one) so that was the best possible outcome I could have hoped for.

tl;dr it's okay to feel bad about it, but just know you can do better! (and actually put in more effort to get a better mark next time)

aycaramba

HSC
N/A
broooo dw im like ranked last in all of my subjects. if I was in the top 5 range i'd cry from happiness

skiiful

HSC
broooo dw im like ranked last in all of my subjects. if I was in the top 5 range i'd cry from happiness
haha coming top 5 for 3 of my subjects and the other 3 i'm coming 2/3 places from last

si2136

HSC
N/A
Yeah all my subjects besides English, I'm doing fine, but English will drag me down so hard, hence I plan to do 4u eng

I guess resilience, but having a bad mark does suck, but you'll forget about it sooner or later and try harder and learn from mistakes

tofusenpai

HSC
Not just to make you feel better but.. year 11 is a good year to have mistakes although you still should take it seriously. It's a time for you to correct, gain experience, think about the future, learn more and refine some skills and knowledge that you need to prepare you for next year and the future. I guess just taking a day out either with some friends alone would be great take a fresh breath at the beach or go to a cafe to a spontaneous. Seriously tho, I was utterly devastated with my English marks since I've considerably excelled in English previously it was hard to take and still recovering slowly but you've got to accept it and it's not the end of the world trust me 73% isn't bad you just need some fine tuning and you'll be able to the 90s.

P.S I remember crying when I got 70 something percent for a yearly exam in year 8 but was happy for getting a 43% in 5.3 in year 10 - it's all about perspective, I gave up on adv maths tho so don't copy me aha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)